Here's Ciariad pictured with some old dear on her recent trip to Finland. As you can see from her outfit, she was luxuriating in the minus 15 degree heat!I won't post the photo of the view from her hotel window, which was of a huge WWII anti-aircraft gun on the hotel lawn!
1 comment:
Ciariad you look very content with your reindeer beside you! and you look very warm!
Manny and I went Finland sometime back and went to several meetings there where at 8.00 in the morning we would arrive for a meeting to find knives and forks and a buffet of things like pizza, cakes, sandwiches tea and coffee and other strange concoctions awaiting us - did you find this too? The other custom which thankfully I was not a party to, is for the fins to invite their business guests back to their houses for an early evening sauna! Couldn't think of anything worse to seal a deal...the best thing was the really magical Christmas market which was in the main square.
I have never felt so cold as there, although you do get used to it, and because I cannot wear shoes with backs I have to wear mules - you can imagine what a mess I got into in the snow!!!!
I do remember bringing Bruv back some dried reindeer - did you ever eat it Bruv?
Are there any any anecdotes which you can share with us about your time there Ciariad?
Swanx
Post a Comment