What a momentous day it has been for me today!
Sam , my beautiful 6 foot 4 inch son aged 19 has just set out on a trip of a lifetime!...I'm so proud of him..climbing all over the world for the next 5 months, a dream come true for him.
He left me a card hidden in my desk to read after I had dropped him off at the airport..., it was so touching.
the last line said.."thank you for making my life so wonderful "..what could a mother want to hear more than that.
Despite all the traumas he went through , and maybe because of it, he feels able to go on a great adventure, on his own, meeting old friends in faraway places , making new ones , and getting to know himself and nature more intimately.
So why am I sitting here crying and missing him so much.....you all know why...but what a great joy to have had the opportunity to bring a child into the world and see them grow and become themselves!
enough said..I value your kindest thoughts and prayers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have to say that I did shed a tear myself when I read this Fuchsy, because I know that you would have been heartbroken today, and I know that when you came here you were already preparing yourself for this day which you knew would be so dificult for you. But, what you must treasure are all of those moments which we discussed when you were over, the lovely times you had as Yolanda and Sam were growing up and how proud you are now that they have now developed into wonderful adults - and the fact that you did all of this on your own.
You have every right to feel very proud of what you have achieved and what Sam has achieved today by going out into the big wide world on his own for an adventure of a lifetime.
Bravo. My thoughts are with you. With love Swan xx
thanks dear one for your loving comments..i feel them coming over to me from Nantes!
must see you all soon , friendships are so precious!!
xxfuchsy
Dear Fuchsy,
Although I do not know you or your son, I do know, from the experience of those around me, the very special relationship that exists between mother and son. i know how much love and heartache and sheer emotional energy can be generated between the two. Sons can be unbelievably infuriating and lovable at the same time. And mums tend to view their sons as boys when the son wants to be seen as a man. So I am glad you had the strength to let Sam go and support him on his journey. if Sam is anything like the sons I know, he wont have outwardly shown much emotion but his note to you would have been heartfelt.
Sons can be the bane of a mum's life yet for that reason the bond of love is even stronger.
i wasnt able to accept how much I loved my own mum until my mid-thirties, but she means the world to me. You have done everything you could for Sam and he knows it.
Love and Peace
Bruv
xxx
Post a Comment