Dao
Withdrawal Symptoms
I, alas, have been drawn for so long
Into the ways of this modern life,
Evading all pain and discomfort
Yet still there is plenty of strife.
I avoided all grief and unpleasantness,
Indulged in so many a pleasure,
Spinelessly wallowed in self-concern,
And improved far too slowly, at leisure.
Most of the comforts I seek from outside
Result in some kind of addiction.
Every attempt to withdraw from then,
Results in some kind of affliction.
Enough is enough, I'm done with this struggle,
It's time to face what is real,
And wean my attention and feelings
Away from these vices, to heal.
O come then that pain and discomfort,
Let me see how bad you can get!
I'll take out your sting by confronting you,
And learn to welcome you yet.
For in truth you are bringing me closer
To rely on that Comfort* within,
That enfires the spirit and strengthens the soul,
Pain to bliss, as it transmutes my sin.
Each time those withdrawal symptoms
Tempt me with indulgences old,
I'll ROAAAR like a lion, be who I AM,
With love for this body, yet bold.
For all of us suffering as the end of Lent approaches!
Enjoy
Lovw and Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well done with your perseverance Ciriad. Not long til you get the chocolate you so richly deserve!
Well I didn't end up giving anything up for lent but am desperately trying to give something up so that I dont feel like a beached whale for my holiday in a month's time - not long to lose pounds of blubber!
It seems like a very long time since the start of lent - did you give up chocolate for all this time? Well done!
Ho Hum...
Swanx
I am pleased to say that I have managed to stay off the fags for 7 weeks now and have barely touched a drop to drink. I slipped on Saturday at my Dad's 84th birthday party but I was only drinking Buck's Fizz. I have also a couple of lovely healing sessions with Jon of Watchet and he is taking me next Tuesday to Bill Harrison's spiritual development circle which I am really looking forward to as Bill is the big name in clairvoyancy and healing down here.
Love and peace
Post a Comment