My and Swan's aunt Mabel Hill died recently at the age of 87. She was our Dad's sister and was a lovely warm lady who always had a ready smile for everyone. She retained an open and sharp mind despite her advanced years. My son Jamesy always called her Auntie Maypole.
Her children Wendy, Gill and Keith and their families, together with our family, will much miss her.
Love and peace to you Mabel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I was in Portugal last week my friend Eddie who we were staying with asked us to do the Ouiji board (is that how you spell it?). He likes to do it every now and again, and I hadn't done it for along time. So Eddie, Hans (his partner) and I took part. First Hans' ex-partner came who had died 9 years ago - his message to Hans was "see you soon" which as you can imagine was a little worrying! Then herbie, Eddie's Dad came and he said that he was happy, then Auty Mabl (spelt like that). It was to be her funeral 2 days later. We asked her if she had a message and she said "be god". We took that to read "be good" so I asked her why she had said that and she repeated it again but like this "be good". I thought about this for a few minutes and then remembered that that was her sign-off to me whenever she said goodbye face-to-face or over the telephone she said "be good"; Thanks for getting in contact Aunty May - you have been in my thoughts ever since. With love Swan xxx
Post a Comment