SLOW DANCE
Have you ever watched kids On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Do you run through each day On the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Ever told your child, We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste, Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch, Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time To call and say,"Hi"
You'd better slow down .
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
it is like an unopened gift.... Thrown away.
Life is not a race. Do take it slower.
Hear the music before the song is over.
A few thoughts to ponder over. Hope you enjoyed your retreat Bruv and come back fully refreshed and ready to share your experiences with us on the Blog. Ciariad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dear Ciariad,
I found your words very moving. I over the last four or five years have slowed down a lot from when I was living in Barnet and the rat race in London. I too regret losing touch with people through lack of time.
Love Nammy
Lovely words Ciariad. Something for us each to contemplate and put into action.
Love
Bruv
Yes I have said "we'll do that tomorrow" frequently recently, and I have seen that look of sorrow on Fleur's face...this was lovely and so well written good to remind ourselves of how robotic we can be! Let's look to Bruv for some tips!!
Thanks Ciariad
Swanx
You're so right, it's so easy to forget to watch your life when we're so involved in living it.
What a beautiful reminder. I hope I'll be able to remember it again tomorrow.
You know, I 've just realised that I've twice been 'reminded' of this within the past few hours. In answer to a big deicion I have faced my self with just this afternoon -Whether to re-enter the maelstrom of a corporate career or to stay in the backwaters and explore other aspects.
Isn't the Life Force simply awe inspiring!! ...and the reponse time seems to be getting so much shorter.
Thank you again
Ciariad your poem truly touched me. I have emailed it to all the Mingles Members and have had some lovely responses back. Thankyou for sharing it with us. Gypsy x
Post a Comment