Friday, June 30, 2006

An anchor for Bruv


Blue Anchor Beach

Crunchy pink pebbles pile up in thick ripples
and endlessly drift above sandy wet mud.
Wooden groynes bask, exposing their shoulders
To be buried to their necks at the full of the flood.

Beach houses, silent in need of repainting,
Are sucking corrosion from out of the sky.
The sea laps the mirrored sands just like a cat and
A gull flaps away leaving only its cry.

Black seaweed, twisted like liquorice rope,
lies abandoned and hopes for its lovers return.
Crumbling cliffs will be bludgeoned to pebbles
And end up as sand swept away by the turn.

I too will decay and return to the ocean
Of eternal becoming. Not til, I beseech,
I have skimmed a few pebbles and shed a few tears
To leave my poor mark upon Blue Anchor Beach.

This poem was written by Bruv when he was experiencing a long period of depression and illness, and you said Bruv that it helped you to write this (and your other) published poems at this difficult time.

This is such a beautiful poem, written by you, who I love and treasure, and I have put it on the blog in the hope that it will inspire you to write again and help pull you out of this low period that you are experiencing. You know Bruv that we are all your anchors on the Dao, so if you need to talk, or you need us to listen, or if you want to share with us some more of your lovely poetry, we are all here. Waiting.

With much love Swan xxxxx

1 comment:

Bruv said...

What a kind gesture Swan. Yes I spent a lot of time on Blue Anchor beach when I was unemployed and wondering what would happen next. I feel similar to that now. I have let things get on top of me rather.

I am not able to write poetry at present as for me poetry is emotion recollected in tranquillity and I am too much in the thick of it at present. Hopefully the next two weeks spent on sick leave will clear my head and help uncover my future direction.

Thank you again for the kindness.
Love
Bruv