
I was woken up on Sunday morning by my Wan A Nee Chee meditation cd switching itself on - god knows how - at a section where you are instructed to look in a pool and throw a small pebble to create circular ripples of life.
Being a creature of habit, when I clean my bedroom I change my Soul Card which I keep on my bedside table to give me inspiration each day.
(Soul Cards are by Deborah Koff-Chapin and examples are shown above).
So I reshuffled the cards and found I drew the same card again. I did this two more times and got the same card each time (out of 60 cards - it was a bit like drawing the Ace of Hearts from a deck of playing cards three times in a row - spooky). The card showed a woman drowning in the sea with a bearded man sitting in a boat above the waves. The woman's hand and the man's were connected by a chain of sparkling droplets of water.
I am currently going through some financial problems. To use an appropriate metaphor, I am having difficulty keeping my head above water, and I found this card very meaningful to my current situation. Has anyone else had similar experiences where insights into life have been revealed in such signs and coincidences. Is it that the images on the cards prompt understanding that already exists in our subconscious?
4 comments:
Sorry I have not been on the Dao for a while, we had a terrible storm here last weekend and many people lost their telephone, tv and on-line connections - it is all just up and running again as of yesterday evening.
Namaste this is an amazing story. How this meditation turned itself on and then the soul cards represented themselves is such a mystery and as you say a coincidence given your situation, which I hope changes for the better sooner rather than later.
I am very intrigued by these soul cards can you explain more?
My coincidences are always with people, I feel that I am very open to meeting new people and that they very often show me my way in life rather than me having to spend lots of time thinking and planning these things.
A very good example was this week.
On Tuesday, I met 3 people, 2 of whom I knew and 1 I did not.
At the moment there are some things I am thinking about work-wise in turns of developing my own business over here and there are some things which I know I need to do, to enable this to go more smoothly.
To set up in business in France is a bureaucratic nightmare and very expensive at the start as you have to pay a lot of social charges up front. I need to have more French conversation lessons to enable me to feel more confident to do business with people here. I am wanting to offer a marketing and design consultancy to those companies who export their products or services to English speaking countrie, of which there are many in Nantes, and in turn, offer them specific courses in English, run workshops on particular themes or represent them in meetings or exhibitions etc.
My first meeting was with Siobhan a very successful Irish illustrator based here who I get on really well with but have never worked with before. I met her for a coffee in Trentemoult - you remember Namaste just next to the Poisson Rouge where we had a beer!
At the end of the conversation with her, she said that she and 4 other English artists wanted to put on a large exhibition in Nantes next year for St Patricks Day in one of the large galleries and she wanted to know if I would be interested in working for them on the development of the marketing materials and organisation. She also needs an agent and asked if I could be interested in that too!
Then I met with Lydie who is a translator working in Nantes, we had lunch together and she told me about a co-operative set up by the government for small entrepreneurs. She works with them which enables her to work as a freelance and develop her own business. There are already 80 small businesses working for the co-op in all areas of work. The co-op take 10 per cent of your billings and in turn they deal with all of your paperwork. Social charges are paid as and when you earn so there is no up-front fees to worry about. I went to a meeting yesterday with the co-operative and it sounds very interesting for me to pursue my freelance work with them.
I then met with Jean-Jacques who I walk about Nantes with and explore the city from time-to-time whilst we talk for an hour in English and an hour in French.
He told me about another association he had just been to see called Troc-Savoir which is such a great idea. Its is an exchange of services - I think it also exists in the UK - there used to be one in St Albans. So I can offer my services to someone for say 10-12 weeks - a course in English for example, and in exchange take a course from someone else, all free of charge of course just a 15 euro subscription fee. JJ told me that there were several people offering French grammar or French conversation courses. So Hey Presto, I will be there next Friday afternoon signing up and will hopefully start a course in French conversation as a result.
So you see 3 meetings. 3 different results. But all relating to the things I had been thinking about.
I cannot remember the name of the book I read sometime ago about all these coincidences in life when you bump into people for a reason - but for me this really is the case!
Have a lovely weekend one and all - not long now till we all meet each other! Swan xx
This is a very encouraging example Swan of what I call letting life happen. As John Lennon wisely said 'Life is what happens when we are making other plans.'
I am a firm believer in this principle. As you may remember one of the sayings I live by is 'Can you deal with all vital matters by letting events take their course.' (Lao Tzu).
When something happens to me, as long as I am not swept away by it, I say to myself 'it will be interesting to see how this turns out.' Rather than think of all the things I must do to influence the outcome, when I do not even know if I am right about what the outcome should be.
When I look at events in my life I often find that if I just let things happen there comes a point where what I eventually need to do becomes obvious. Then I try to act with wisdom and compassion.
How do you handle events in your life?
Thank you both for your comments.
When the pupil is ready the teacher will appear, as the saying goes.
These things happen to me also Swan. For instance, my friend Brenda advised me a week ago to add a Citrine chrystal to my Wealth corner (In Feng Shui the Wealth corner is the furthest lefthand corner from the front door) As my finances have been dire lately, I thought, nothing to lose, I'd give it a try. Yesterday Rob was advised by the Inland Revenue that, rather than owing them £4000, they owed him a few hundred pounds! Today I received a note from the Gas Board saying I had overpaid by £168! How about that for instant results!
Love The Nam
Hi Namaste,
I can't recall the exact wording, but Shakespeare said 'there are more things in heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
Simply because things might seem impossible within the boundaries of our modern day science of cause and effect, doesn't make them so.
Life, God, Reality can and does talk to each of us every day in many many subtle ways.
Accept what you receive in whatever form it takes and the problems will always seem less.
Love and blessings
Jon
Post a Comment