
We are close to kicking off the local group now, so I thought i'd suggest a few ideas for you to add to. These obviously centre around just what I am aware of, so fresh thoughts and subjects would be very welcome.
Informal but informative talks
- Introduction to Buddhism
- Introduction to Spiritual Healing
- Introduction to Tai Chi
- Introduction to Taoism
- Introduction to Astrology
- Introduction to Zen
- Introduction to Chi Gong
- Introduction to Crystals
- Creating a spiritual environment
- Contacting the Spirit world
Discussion topics
- A greener world
- What is reality?
- Is there life after death?
- How should we live?
- Do we evolve?
- Karma
- What is beautiful?
- Have we met in a previous life?
Guided meditations on:
- Anapanasati - breathing meditation
- Vipassana - insight meditation
- Body awareness meditation
- Metta Bhavana - loving kindness meditation
- Zazen - Zen meditation
- Visualisations
4 comments:
That looks like a really good outline,
I certainly think it will be better to have some kind of structure and plan before we start rather than just sitting around and thinking of something to talk about.
I quite like the idea of occasionally letting 'inspiration' lead the way as well -either purely from a meditation or from random words pulled from a hat.
What are your thoughts about attracting members?
Initially I was thinking along the lines of invitation and then word of mouth, but I'm more inclined to maybe publicising it in a few places and see who turns up.
I reckon there are plenty of folks who'd love to explore this sort of thing in a low key, no pressure, all points of view accepted unconditionally kind of way. who would never otherwise feel able to step forward.
It will of course attract a few oddballs from time to time, but I think people will soon step back if it's not what they want.
What do you feel?
Cheers
Jon
Hi Jon,
I am all for letting inspiration and random acts play their part in the proceedings. I used to have a lovely sticker in the back of my car next to 'Free Tibet' which read 'Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty'!
Yes, this was what I meant when I originally suggested advertising, otherwise we are in danger of getting 'the usual suspects'. It would be nice to have people who hadn't necessarily experienced a group before and therefore have no preconceptions.
I would suggest however that we three meet first just so we can establish what we are comfortable with as there are some aspects to the group which are unique, such as its connection to the other members of the online Dao who I am sure would like to contribute in some way.
Namaste and I are getting together at my place this Friday as an informal start-up meeting. Feel free to drop in.
Love
Bruv
I think the group should just evolve perhaps with a couple of small notices in local shops, say Celtic Dreams or Aquarius Rising in Minehead. It is unlikely that we are going to be inundated with people but I for one do not have that much space for a big group. So perhaps small is beautiful!
The suggestions look interesting perhaps supplemented by some practical demos and activities such as soul cards or trigger words to set the scene.
Love The Namster
sounds like a plan.
just got back from of my travels last night but won't be able to join you this evening.
chat again soon
Jon
Post a Comment