Sunday, November 26, 2006

A weird dream. Any thoughts?


Last night I had a very strange rather amusing dream which I had to write down after I awoke. Perhaps you can bring your intuition to bear upon it as it is rather baffling.

In the dream I thought I was still awake and was aware of being licked on the face by my cat Littley but when I looked down there was no cat there. I was living in a large house but had never ventured upstairs. I went to the bottom of the stairs and shouted 'I know you are there, come down.' Then a lot of people appeared at the top of the stairs dressed in Victorian clothes, very chatty and friendly characters. I assumed they were spirits but I accepted them and wasnt frightened. One man asked me to do something about the leaking toilet upstairs. This made me laugh because I didnt think spirits needed to use the toilet. I went off to tell someone. There was a young boy (presumably Jamesy) and a man who I didnt recognise in bed downstairs. I told them about these spirits but they didn't believe me at first until one of the spirits appeared to them too.

I was then aware of flying through the air in a bus straight towards a tidal wave, but again I wasnt afraid. I passed through the wave and found myself back on the ground with another group of people, this time at a funeral. I became aware of Sophie, Bruv's dog, and she had turned into a rampant male dog who started making love to me.

Later, I was helping to carry a woman's coffin into the church. The coffin was see-through and you could see the body within. A man nearby was very upset. On my way in, I noticed an old man hanging in a tree, scruffily dressed like an old farmer with his trousers and pants down exposing himself. Beneath the tree, the vicar spoke to him saying 'You will be cut down soon.' The old man, in response, wee'd over the vicar. When the vicar turned round to speak, Swan, who was with me, said 'Look the vicar is a woman with a large pair of exposed breasts.

As I said before, it was very weird but the overall atmosphere was not frightening but in a sense rather funny and sweet as the spirits were very friendly and the man in the tree just made me laugh. Can you help to make any sense of it?

Love Namaste

21 comments:

Bruv said...

What an extraordinarily vivid dream.

The element that seems clearest to interpret for me is the scruffy old man in the tree. This seems to me to be a reference to Rob, Namaste's partner. Given that much dream language often consists of verbal and visual puns, there are a number here which seem insightful, particularly given that Namaste had had a row with him last night, largely centred around his not looking for work and his constant drinking. Here are my translations
of some of the dream puns:
He exposes himself in the tree = he reveals his true colours
He wee'd = he is pissed
He wee'd on the vicar = he pours scorn on Namaste's spiritual beliefs.
The vicar (who I think is also Namaste, but with the bigger breasts she so hankers after!)says he will be cut down soon = i.e. she will cut him down to size soon.

I think this funeral element is Namaste working out the aftermath of the evening's row. Possibly it represents the death of the relationship.

The other elements of the dream are less clear to me but seem to show an acceptance of death and a belief in the spirit world providing the link as we go from one life to another.

There were other sexual elements which is just a reflection of Namaste's true nature! :-))

What do you guys think?

Love
bruv

Anonymous said...

Hi Namaste & Bruv!

What a wonderful site you have here. Thank you for the invitation, Bruv.

Lately I've had such strange dreams that it's been difficult for me to figure out all of the sybolizms, if any.

What I've been told by several people, Jon included, is 'what do the people and items in my dreams mean to me personally'. Such as - what does a tree mean to you - how does it make you feel when you see a tree.

Namaste, you may want to keep a dream journal going as each night a new dream may occur that might help you put the pieces of the puzzle together. Especially if you're going through a difficult time in your life. Perhaps you are sending a message to your subconscious?

Lots of luv to you,
Lynn xo
p.s. I may be off the mark here as I've not studied dream interpretations. But I am fascinated with it!

Namaste said...

Dear Lynn,

Its lovely to hear from you on the Dao. Thank you for your comments. I agree that a dream journal may be a good idea, if only I can remember them each day. It is usually only the weird ones which stick in your mind though isnt it.

I like trees very much. I have a lovely tree in my garden, a corkscrew hazel with curly branches which in the 5 years I have lived there has doubled in size.
Love to you and hope to hear more of your comments on this and other posts,
Namaste

Bruv said...

Hi Lynn,
Good to see your first post here and a very warm welcome to you in the States from all of us here in England and from Swan in France.

Just to help you get to know who we are. I am Bruv (Phil), Namaste is Jane my ex-wife and mother of our son Jamesy, Swan is my sister Sue who lives in Nantes, France, Fuchsy is Yvonne who lives in London, Ciariad is a Welsh lady magistrate who lives in Bristol and Gypsy is our friend Michelle who lives in Worthing.

If you want to be able to post your own articles just say so and I will send you the electronic invite that will make you a full contributor with posting rights.

Dream interpretation is one of my favourite pastimes. There are many facets to interpreting dreams. Here are some that I have found useful.

People in dreams can either appear as themselves or can be symbolically represented often as archetypal mother figures, father figures, bosses, antagonists, etc. These are usually reasonably obvious as to which real people they represent but you do need to understand who they represent before the dream begins to make sense.

Often anything to do with decay is associated with the ageing process so teeth or hair falling out, dead trees or leaves etc may indicate a concern about getting old.

Verbal and visual puns are very common in dreams, so for example if you dream you are drowning it may mean you are currently having trouble keeping your head above water.

As Jon says the object in a dream is less significant than how you feel about it. For example, in Namaste's dream here she meets some spirits, potentially a frightening symbol, but she finds them amusing.

Let us look at a few examples to see this technique in action. I have a recurring dream in which I am living in a house quite happily and one day discover a door in the lounge which I had never noticed before. This leads to palatial ballrooms, dining rooms and once the door led to a vast cathedral. Going through the door I then realise that these all rooms belong to me and I never knew I had them. I have had this dream so many times that it must mean something. I take it to mean that, because of illness and working from home I have led a rather cooped up life in my little cottage over the past few years and that there are sides of me which I have neglected and which I should be exploring. This dream is using the rooms as a symbol of unexplored areas of life such as knowledge or travel or experiences. What do you think?

Another example is a dream that Namaste had many years ago. She was sitting in the back of a car with her Dad in the driving seat and her Mum in the front passenger seat. Her Mum got out of the car and the car began to roll down the hill. Her Dad panicked and didnt know what to do. Then Namaste took control and reached forward and pulled the handbrake on. I interpreted this as representing what would happen when her mum died (she was suffering from an incurable illness at the time and has since died) and how Namaste would have to be strong for her Dad and take control of the situation.

Often such things as leaving the car or as in Swans recent dream of her Dad going off to work are symbolic of their death, i.e. that person leaving us.

I would love you to post your dreams here for us to help to decipher with you.
Love
Bruv

Bruv said...

Dear Ciariad,

What a strange experience you have had. Very un-nerving for you I bet.

I will leave the spirits aspect to other contributors who understand these things better than I. And I will concentrate on raising an aspect which is slightly more down to earth.

Do you think there is a chance that it might be your own morality / conscience at work here?

I say that because I know you are a very moral person who has strong views on being a 'one-man woman'. I know when you and I were together that the memory of your ex-husband Rob was very strong and linked with an deep element of regret/guilt at his death, almost as though you still had unfinished business.

I wonder if your subconscious is trying to make you think that you are being in some way 'unfaithful' by going out with other men after his death. And, in effect, you are beating yourself up over this. I often got the feeling that you didnt feel that you were entitled to any happiness for youself.

Dear Ciariad, put these 'ghosts' of the past to rest. I dont think it is Rob who is showing disapproval, I think it is you, and your 'welsh chapel' upbringing. It is time to move on, love. You are allowed to be happy and allowed to have a full relationship with your new man. So do not feel guilty about it. It is time to bury the dead, my dear, and re-join the living.

Of course things may happen that will remind you of him, but there is no judge of what you do other than you yourself and your maker. And you are certainly not breaking God's holy laws.

Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted to hear but I know that you often judge yourself more harshly than those who appear in the dock before you.

Written with much love,
Bruv

Anonymous said...

Hi Namaste!

There is no doubt that the oddest dreams are the ones I can hold onto the longest. I have so many dreams all night long, so the thought of writing in a journal after every dream would be tiring to say the least. I've had a dream where I've met a man in a business suit named "God" (it's ok to laugh;-). But it was an incredibly vivid and long dream. I actually have that one written down.

I too love trees. I moved from my home in Waveland MS right before Hurricane Katrina wiped us out. I had so many beautiful Oak and Magnolia trees in my yard. Of course, now they're all gone from the hurricane. I'm sure nature will take care of what's missing and next summer there will be new young trees in its place.

Much love to you,
Lynn xo

Anonymous said...

Dear Bruv,

I'm thinking I need a nickname! I love this!!!!!

I am totally fascinated with dream interpretation. I have not spent anytime really learning or studying dreams. I believe they are an important area of our lives that we should understand better. Why all the symolizms? Does our brain operate that strangely for a reason?

I had a brief dream about a month ago. I told Jon about it. I am very curious what you or anybody here may think it means. Here it goes:

It was late at night and I was in an unfamiliar town. I was standing outside and all that I could see in front of me is a very strong snow blizzard. All of the trees and streets were white from heavy falling snow. A car pulls up and stops beside me. It's a early model car, like around the 1960s. The driver rolls down the window and it's a lady. She sort of looked like the lead charactor in the movie Misery if you saw that. She was on the heavy side, very stern look on her face, dark brown hair with a headband and she looks at me in the eyes. Next, I notice there is a young child in the back seat of the car. I didn't see a child's face, but I saw the top of a little hood sticking up from the back seat. Then, I find that I am sitting in the car (not sure if I was in the front seat or the back) and the snow blizzard is coming straight at us. It was extremly scary looking but I wasn't frightened. Then I woke up.

I live in Louisiana, and it NEVER snows here. In fact, we barely have a winter. But this dream is really odd to me and I think the snow is a major player. Nothing looked familiar to me. What do you make of this? I'd like to hear your take.

I'd love to have the opportunity to post dreams here. Thank you for the offer.

Loads of luv to all of you,
Lynn xo

Anonymous said...

Dear Ciariad,

Your dream is familiar to me. I have a sister who passed away suddenly 2 1/2 years ago. I admit that I continue to mourn the loss of her and just at the moment I say to myself "Wow, I've gone a whole week without crying for Leslie's company!!! I'm
so happy I'm moving on somewhat". And then bam! I'm in tears, just as if she passed yesterday. We are only 13 months apart in age and were best friends as well as sisters. I was 46 when she passed, she was 47.

Just prior to my sister's passing, I had been very upset with her. I didn't hold it in, I would tell her often. She had a new boyfriend and I felt she sort of dumped me, for lack of a better term. This had gone on for a year. She just seemed different to me when she started isolating herself with this man. She never had time to spend with me as we had all our lives.

I've had several OBEs lately and Leslie has been in one of them. One night I woke up to the smell of my sister's perfume all around my bed. It's a very distinct smell and it was what she wore all the time.

I believe my sister visits me. I think because I was so upset with her for the year prior to her death, that perhaps I pull her to me. Is it possible since you were just divorced from your husband and spending time with another man that you may be feeling some guilt about moving on? I don't know if we pull these experiences or dreams to us so we can deal with the loss (my sister, your ex dying). I do feel some guilt about being so upset with my sister, and that we didn't have a chance to smooth things over before she passed. Maybe I need to smell her near me so I can heal?

Or maybe I am healed and my beautiful guides are letting me know she is still all around me....

Love,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

It is so much more meaningful when someone like Lynn, who has been in a similar loss situation to Ciariad, is able to add her thoughts on the dream. It is synchronicity in action that both of your experiences were triggered by personal scents.

I am interested, Lynn in your Out of Body Experiences (OBEs). What form do they take? Is it what I would understand as Astral Projection? What do you see?

The other amazing coincidence is that Ciariad's real name is Lynn too! I think we'd better stick to Ciariad to tell you two apart!

Ciariad also has a connection with the States as she has a timeshare in Florida and was out there a few months ago. A bit tenuous, I know :-)

I think it is a truism to say that whenever someone we know dies we can think back to the last harsh thing we said to them and feel remorse. But we must remember all the loving things we said to them. The harsh comment is made in the heat of the moment but the loving comment is everlasting.
Love
Bruv

Bruv said...

Dear Lynn,

Because you are new here and we dont yet know much about your thoughts and feelings it is hard to interpret your dream straight-off without more info.
May I ask a few questions:

What does snow mean for you? Is it nostalgic? Did you miss it? Does it mean the unknown to you as it hides things under its blanket?

What did the driver mean to you? Were you frightened or in awe of her? Was she an authority figure for you? Was she someone you knew but in dream disguise? Was she your mother?

What about the child, did you feel warm to it? Did you think it was in danger? Was it your sister? One of your children?

When you were in the car did you get in willingly? Where did you think the car was going?

For a dream to be memorable the mind seems to deliberately include a strange inexplicable element in a dream. This seems to be the snow. Can you think what the snow made you feel; protected, threatened, cast adrift, going home?

Sorry I cannot do better but I find that we need to know more about the dreamers own thoughts beliefs and feelings to really penetrate the meaning.
Love
bruv

Anonymous said...

Dear Bruv,

One other mention regarding my sister's passing and her perfume. The condo I live in is one she had never been in. I sold my house and relocated and Les had never been in this place. I believe spirit follows/stays with us as we are all one and there is no other place to go.

My dream of the car/snow/woman/baby - the woman was a little scary to me. Her harsh look on her face was I suppose a little concerning. It was a look that makes me think she was mad at me or blaming me for something. I didn't feel an attachment to the child except that it was very oblivious it was a child even though I hadn't seen its face. It was as though someone purposely smeared out the face so I couldn't see it. (I'm just remembering this important aspect). I don't know how I got into the car, I just appeared there. The snow was very forceful and looked like it was headed for me.

When I woke from the dream the first thing I thought of was that it was a past life. Was I the driver or child and this is how I passed in a prior life? These were my first thoughts. My experience with snow has been brief, but I think it's beautiful, but more unknown to me. But when I think of driving in snow, that concerns me. I worry the car will slide all over the road.

I find it very interesting the similarities that Ciariad and I have. I was in Florida a couple of months ago. And I was actually thinking of going there again very soon as I am drawn to the water.

Bruv, I am very interested in discussing my OBEs, how they are brought on by the vibrational state and humming sounds. Unfortunately, I have to leave for work now. Should I wait to discuss this following your next Dao meeting? Or should I post it here after I return from work?

Have a perfect day. And thank you for all of your interest.

All luv for you,
Lynn xo

Namaste said...

Dear Lynn and Ciariad,

I think smells are very important signs from the other world / spirits / or whatever you believe is out there.

I recently read that the sense of smell is the last sense to die when someone passes. In my medical terminology course last week someone said that when their partner was in a coma their eyes would flicker in recognition when she walked in the door wearing a familiar perfume.

I have had similar experiences with smells, when Eddie my last partner left me a very strong smell developed under the stairs which could not be identified it gradually dissipated after a few weeks. I believe this to be symbolic of his being 'a bad smell' leaving my life.

I have a very keen sense of smell and different smells are very evocative for me.
Love The Namster

Bruv said...

Dear Lynn,

Thanks for the additional info on your dream. My intuition is as follows. It may be wide of the mark as I do not know you well yet but hope to know you better.

To me, your getting in the car means you are preparing to embark on the next stage of your future life's journey. You are going off into the snow storm and so you cannot see clearly yet where that future journey will take you. But you are not frightened, so perhaps you believe you can handle what life has to throw at you.

Your travelling companions are a stern woman and an unseen child. I wonder if these are aspects of yourself as you have not identified either of them with people you know. Perhaps you are your own sternest critic and perhaps there is your inner child to be satisfied too. As you havent said exactly when the dream was, I wonder if the snow was in any way symbolic of Hurricane Katrina, a freak weather condition which as you say is as unusual as snow in Louisiana.

Did you have the dream at a time when you were thinking of moving house or having just moved, an event where we often wonder where we are going and if we are doing the right thing?

As I say, these are merely my intuitive musings but let me know if any of them strike a chord with you.

By all means tell us about your OBEs Lynn, as I am sure the whole gang would be fascinated.

Luv
Bruv

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. Looks like you have it all under control though.

Lynn, good to see you participating here. Welcome along.

I have a really busy week with travel, so won't be around much. I'll try and drop in when I can and maybe even make a post myself from time to time.

...have a very interesting evening coming up on Wednesday and will discuss more later

Love to all
Jon

Sue Alouche said...

Wow Nammy this is one hell of a dream.

There are several things I think about this dream but I am afraid that I cannot put it all together.
It is a very sexual dream.
Urinating is usually about sexual desire.
You are having sex with a rampant dog.
People exposing themselves - to me people appearing naked implies 'the naked truth' - perhaps you are not being truthful to yourself and others (Rob) and this is showing itself in your dream.
I believe the vicar is Mum - you recently rold her about Rob and she told you the truth about what she thought although she remains neutral like a vicar who you can ask for advice - the vicar also turned out to be a women and exposed her breasts - I think that this could be interpreted as you need to be looked after and cared for by (a mother). We were also recently talking about Mum's breasts - sorry Mum!!
I wonder if the lady in the coffin is Ailsa (although you do not say if you know her or not) and it is your father who is mourning for her - as he is mourning everyday.
Could the two men also reflect your father and Rob - one who behaves properly and with dignity and the other who doesn't?
I am not sure about the Victorian people upstairs - could they be your conscience (parents?) looking down on you with a traditional Victorian view on life?
I cannot put it all together but this is what I see.

With love Swan xx

Sue Alouche said...

I meant to say welcome to Lynn and hello again to Ciariad. Its great to have another voice on the Dao. I look forward to hearing more from your world Lynn.

Ciriad I cannot offer much more on your dream than the fact that I studied the sense of smell and its impact on blind people in their environments for 2 years and in my research it was evident that it is the most potent sense and one that can transport us to a particular place or moment in our lives with such lucidity.

I can understand why people who lose loved ones never want to part with their clothes - these are the real reminder of the person who has passed away, the natural scent of someone, combined with perhaps the unnatural - the perfume, the smoke etc.

Just as an aside, I also uncovered that when we are in a position where we meet with many people, it is their smell which tells us more about them than their visual appearance, its just that we are so tuned into the 'visual' that the sense of smell is forgotten, hidden underneath, but it tells us so much.

What does/did your husband's smell mean to you - was it pleasant? sexy? overpowering? Lingering? One he just wore on special occasions? What significance did it hold for you when you smelt it? Perhaps this can be a clue to why you are smelling it again?

Much love Swan x

Namaste said...

Dear all,

I am glad that my dream has kicked off such an interesting debate.

Lynn, as I am very into astrology it would be nice to know what your birthdate and sign are. Would you mind telling us?

Dear Swan, thanks for your interpretation. I saw the unrinating as being disrespectful rather than sexual. I dont think the vicar was Mum, but I do see something in the man mourning as being my Dad because he has had the most difficulty coming to terms with Ailsa's death. He still visits her grave each day, despite his age and poor health, even though she died nearly 5 years ago.
Love Namdingo

Anonymous said...

Dear All,

Bruv- It's amost a little scary how you came up with a breakdown of my dream. I read it last night when I got home from work and thought about it for quite awhile. I had not thought about it this way, but believe you are right-on. In fact, all that you mention seems to be very accurate as to where I am in my life right now.

Namaste- My birthday is January 6, 1958, Capricorn. Glad to know you are into astrology. THis is one area I'd love to develop.

Unfortuantely, my job is beginning to get in the way of my personal time. I am very aware of this and am trying to work thru it all. So, I must head out to work now. I am interested in discussing OBEs, atral travel, all of your agenda for your next Dao meeting. Because of time constraints on my part, I may have to wait to talk about this until you meet.

Thanks and much warm love to all of you for your welcome to this blog. What a beautiful family you are.

Luv & Peace,
Lynn xo

Sue Alouche said...

This has got to be a record for the Dao 22 posts!
Bravo Nam x

Bruv said...

I make that 23 posts! Well done Nam. Your erotic dreams certainly get the group going ;-))

Love Bruv

Sue Alouche said...

Ciariad, this reminds me of a gay friend of mine who I used to work with, he would know when his partner had been 'cottaging' when he could smell the public toilet soap aroma wafting around him. Once my friend had shared this with me, we would then both notice it when his partner walked into their flat (where we both worked at the time) after his antics! The smell was horrible and such a giveaway - I was amazed that he didn't realise this!

I think you are right to think this about moving on, enjoy each moment and make the most of the rest of your life you deserve it!

With love Swanx