
My gift to the Dao is this picture of a White Persian cat. It reminds me very much of my last cat Coolio who always wore a very grumpy expression but was the most affectionate cat I have ever known. He used to hang around my neck so he could lick my face!
I got him from a pet rescue centre near Taunton and all his hair had been shaved off so he looked like a drowned rat and was probably the ugliest cat there. He looked straight into my eyes and I felt that soul connection and knew he was the one for me. He had been shaved because he had been badly mistreated, so I wanted to give him a good home.
I would like you to join me in thinking of all the poor animals who are bought for Christmas and then abandoned when the novelty wears off.
Merry Christmas one and all
Namta Claus
xxx
3 comments:
Thank you Nam,
What I remember most about Coolio was that, like all White Persians, he had such a flat face that he was always grunting and sniffing. You could hear him coming half an hour before he entered the room.
A lovely grumpy old boy who is sorely missed. Nammy and I both shed a tear when we had to take him to the vet for the 'long goodbye'.
Bruv
What a beautiful story, Namaste! I love the name "Coolio". I once had to bring one of my rescue dogs to the vet for the long goodbye and I remember thinking I'll never get another animal again. I just didn't want to go thru that once more. But now, 1 dog and 2 cats later, I am happy to have my little family here.
Thank you for sharing this heart felt story. He had a good momma!
Merry Christmas to all,
Lynn xo
Aaahh little coolio, I remember when we stayed at your house Nammy and Fleur saw her little grave in your garden, it was another of those moments where you see children's minds trying to fathom out the world. The last time she had seen Coolio she had been stroking her!
May she rest in peace in the peaceful garden.
With love Swan xxx
Post a Comment