
Lately I've been feeling a disconnect of sorts with myself. I'm finding it almost impossible to quiet my mind to meditate and get back into my daily routine of spiritual reading. I'm wondering if I've reached burn-out.
Over the past 2 years my daily meditations and readings have always kept me moving upward and connected with my inner-self. Even though I know this, I'm finding it difficult to stop and get silent. I'm finding that I want to watch re-runs Grey's Anatomy rather than read. And I love love love to read! There is nothing more important to me than my spirituality and self-improvement, but I'm not feeling the usual enthusiasm I normally walk around with.
Have you ever felt stuck or burned-out? If so, what do you do to get past it?
With love,
Lynn xo
5 comments:
Hi Lynn
It must be cyclical, because i've been feeling a similar way ad have decided to drop some of my correspondance to 'get back on track!!'
Sometimes we need a nudge from somewhere for us to realise the path we are heading on, isn't serving us as we might have hoped. But this in itself, this 'veering off course'..helps us to realise and clarify exactly what our real and true intentions are.
So, now you have had the 'nudge'...get back on track Disco!!!
Love Pinky. Namaste
Hi Lynn,
This is a common problem with meditation and in my experience is not 'burn out' as such.
From a buddhist perspective, put simply, suffering is caused by craving. So you are feeling unsettled because you miss, or 'crave', the right mind for meditation at the moment.
Rather than worry about it and make it a problem for you, a better approach is to say, sometimes we have other things in our life to deal with and these mean our mind is too distracted to meditate effectively.
If we accept that our attention is required elsewhere and that meditation can always wait, then we can focus on the other issues, deal with them and then our mind will return to its calmer state.
This is a common feeling which, if we do not 'attach' ourselves to it, will pass sooner. You know you can return to meditation when the times is right so dont let it be a problem for you.
Perhaps Sophia or your mum are more in need of your efforts at the moment. So why not direct your positive energies to where they are most needed in the 'now'.
Hope this helps Lynnie;-)
Love Bruv
Hi Lynn,
Ciariad may have a point here. You could be suffering from SAD, Seasonally Affected Disorder, better known as the Winter Blues and caused in the UK by a shortage of the beneficial elements found in sunshine.
Alternatively it could be your body's way of telling you that you didnt buy enough shoes in the January sales ;-)
Love Bruv
Dear Ciariad,
I know you are going thru so much right now. It must seem like you're being pulled in so many directions at once. And to top it off, Rhys has moved. So could you be suffering from empty-nest syndrom? I remember when Ashlie moved out, I didn't know how to live without her under my feet and needing me.
It sounds as though you have a very responsible job that keeps you on your toes with your new boss! And a new relationship flourishing.
What I realized was that I wasn't doing enough for me. So, I just walked in from a lovely facial and mini-massage. Then I drove to the International Cafe and had a cappacino and enrolled in private French classes.
I'm hopeing this will somehow help me focus on taking care of Lynn a little more and get back into my meditations.
It's been raining here what seems like weeks with very little blue sky. It could very well be the weather coupled with Sophia's issues. And I do have much on my mind regarding my living situation.
One day at a time.
Bruv, I can honestly say I spent far too much on shoes this year. I have 2 pair I've yet to even wear.;-) This must be a sickness.
Hugs & love to all,
Lynn xo
Yes, I think many people feel like this at this time of year, but when I see the daffodils popping their heads up like they are right now it makes me realise that Spring is not far away and the sun will soon warmer and longer. I think we forget sometimes the power that the seasons have over our feelings.
I hope that you will not feel like this for long Lynnie and Ciariad with love Swan xxx
Post a Comment