
I have just been reading an article on the BBC about the 7 deadly sins and their relevance today. As a reminder they are: Anger, Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Sloth and Greed. What do you think about their relevance today, not necessarily in the eyes of god, but morally. Are there any that you would omit or add? Are there any that you would own up to?
40 comments:
Hi Swan! This post reminds me of the Brad Pitt movie, I think it was called "Seven". Frightening movie!
It's impossible for me to seperate morals from God. My belief is that we are all a piece of God, Godding every moment in every decision we make while creating our lives. So, to me they are One in the same.
I will admit I've put myself though all seven. And when I refect on the many times I've experienced these emotions, it was in my darkest hours. I think these are all necessary to experience in one way or another because as humans we are here to create and in order to live our highest thoughts, we need to undertand the opposite. And most of the time we need to experience the opposite in order to know how our highest thoughts can unfold a beautiful peaceful existance within.
Unfortunately I think these 7 emotions are the cause of war, hunger, fear, drug addiction......
As my favorite author says over and over again, these emotions are due to a lack of Spiritual connection. All of what we are seeing in today's world is a Spiritual problem.
All love & hugs,
Lynn xo
Hi Lynn, yes like you I have experienced all of these sins, perhaps some more than others for example, I am really not a slothful person but I think you are so right by saying that we have to experience them all to know what they are and how we can learn from them.
I find it really interesting that you cannot separate morals from god, I see them as two distinctly separate things in my life, I believe that I was given a strong moral upbringing from my parents who were not religious at all, other than getting married in a church, and I can see me passing this down to my children now, but it has nothing to do with god.
Interestingly, in the poll which was taken by the BBC's Heaven and Earth Show a few years ago, these were the list of sins which topped the list
Cruelty (39%), followed by adultery (11%), bigotry (8%) and dishonesty (7%). Of the original seven, only greed (6%) made it on to the up-dated sins list.
You can see the full results on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/heavenandearth/features/sins/sins.shtml
What would you add to the list, take off or replace if you could?
For me Pride does not seem like a sin, other than the sin of Pride - having a very high opinion of oneself, I think the English have a problem with having pride in what they do or achieve.
Having lived in France now, I can see that the main difference in the two countries is that France has a great pride in its country, and the people in themselves and each other, if they or one of their fellow men or women do a good job they would really pat them on the back and promote the face, in England I felt like people were persecuted if they were successful or were seen as big headed if they were proud of what they had achieved.
What do you think? Swanx
What a great question Swan!!
I agree with Lynn in that we all suffer through these needy emotive conditions(I wouldn't call them sins!!)throughout our lifes experience.
As we move towards enlightenment, there are moments of doubt and uncertainty ..and when we gain/regain clarity its satisfying to see those ailments we have been afflicted by thereby gaining wisdom and experience to carry forward on the ever spiralling process of creation..the re-living here on earth.. of knowing our purest being.
In truth, at present I feel I'm moving through a phase of becoming concerned with 'self'...meaning not encumbered by a 'mirror' circumstance of relationship with a partner, and living out a 'combined or relived' past, situation.
There are issues of overcoming lust..not letting ego rule the roost!! I'm managing ...just!!
I'm concerned with developing my spiritual understanding, fortifying myself thus enabling me to aid others...sometimes it may appear a lonely quest, but I'm comforted by being able to talk as i'm doing here to like minded people, which imbues in me a feeling of trust, faith and true friendship.
Is there such a thing as sin...??
Love Gary. Namaste
Okay, I'm going to give it a shot here. I'm not so sure there is such a thing as sin. Who determines what is sinful? The church? What church?
Is the word "sin" used as a way of balancing what we individually believe is "wrong"? And then there is the question "is there such a thing as right and wrong". Should we be saying "something does or doesn't serve me" rather than labeling something wrong?
I think after all my studies, there is a place in this world for the belief in "wrong". When you cut to the core, I still think murder and such are wrong. And if wrong means sin, then I suppose there could be such a thing as sin. But maybe I'm not clear on what sin means.
Does sin just define that we've done something to harm ourselves or another? And then we can make up for a sin by changing the behaviour? Or by going to a catholic church and asking a priest to forgive us?
Bruv, what do the Buddhists believe?
YES Ciariad!! Stress should be added to the list.
Swan, I don't see anything separate from God. I suppose that's because I believe everything is made from and of God. I am interested in seeing the full results. THanks for the link.
FUN TOPIC Swan!
Love to all of you!!!
Lynn xo
Hey Pinky!
You are moving through a lot of changes in a short period of time. I am always here for you. Feel free to reach out as you're doing as often as you need.
That's what friendship is all about, my sweet friend. You are inspiring and loved.
Blessings,
Lynn xo
Hello my darlings,
Sorry I havent been on lately folks but the first weekend of each month I am away in Bristol on my hypnotherapy course.
Great topic, Swan and we all have expressed interesting and valid viewpoints on it. Lynn asked me for a Buddhist viewpoint so I will stick to that and hope it doesnt bore you too much (Thou shalt not bore, being a new possible sin!)
In Christianity, the sins are addressed largely by the Ten Commandments. You may find it an interesting exercise to work out for yourself how it does this.
These commandments are couched in terms of 'Thou Shalt not...' and they are truly commands. Buddhism however is not a dictatorial school and does not believe it has the monopoly on wisdom.
They have precepts rather than commandments. The difference is that if you dont keep a commandment you go to hell, whereas precepts are worded such that 'life would be better for yourself and others if you followed them.
The 5 precepts for non-monks are:
1. Avoid killing or harming any sentient beings.
2. Only take what is offered to you.
3. Avoid intoxication of any kind
4. Avoid sexual conduct which would be offensive to another person.
5. Avoid lying and slander.
To give an example to highlight the difference between the two schools of thought; in Christianity to kill is a mortal sin and you will go to hell. In Buddhism you may kill if its purpose is to ease someones suffering. So in some circumstances it would be acceptable to help someone die who is suffering from a painful terminal illness.
So as Buddhism does not have commandments, it follows that it does not have sins as such. It refers to these actions as unskillful acts.
All the above is from the 'everyday' level of Buddhism. However there is also the 'enlightened' level of Buddhism, reached when one has understood more about the true nature of reality, ie we are all one and life and death are just snapshot views of an ever-flowing river of eternal becoming. At this level, one understands there is no such thing as good and bad. Once one has developed a compassionate heart and a mind of wisdom, then the need to be unkind either to others or to oneself just doesn't arise.
I realise I have skated over the surface of this subject but I hope it gives you a flavour of where Buddhism differs from 'Thou shalt not...'
To my outsider's eyes, the Sins always sound a bit Old Testament, keep-everyone-in-line, fire-and-brimstone. Whereas Jesus always comes across to me as a bit more Buddhist with his Love-thy-neighbour, Turn-the-other-cheek philosophy.
This makes sense because he came after Buddha's time and would have been aware of it, whereas the Sins and the 10 Commandments were devised before this more enlightened view.
My own sins are innumerable and chiefly consist of Gluttony and Lust, both of which may involve melted chocolate and cream cakes in varying quantities!
Stay cool in your spa pool,
Love bruv
Hi Folks!!
My own take on the topic of sin, commandments, and anything which might be 'From the thoughts/voice of another'..is, all information/knowledge is there for us as guidance to do what we will with it.
I think we all know deep down at a soul level..our intuitive level, that which can be deemed good or bad...but whether it serves us, ourselves, or others for our higher purpose of realising our innate essence...that of being connected to the whole, and thus we are part of God, God being a process of creativity, eternally changing, seeking experientially through whatever form we find ourselves in..whatever dimension we find ourselves in...To express the true nature of our being, and how we can spread and share that 'godliness within' to all things around us.
We are each to ourselves, in that we form our own reality relative to the conditions we find ourselves currently experiencing..
When something, whatever that may be...touches the heart, we get a glimpse of our innate 'Love essence'...the immediate rush of awareness courses through us, lifts us, elevates us...we feel we are part of something wonderfully magnificent and want to share our enlightened state with those around us...We feel a shift of change within, as if there is a force surrouding us and within us which we can tap into whenever we wish, through feeling, introspection, meditation
Words are handed down through time and are changed according to whatever evolutionary level exists in that era, but there is an underlying theme/knowing from the beginning of mans time here on earth which
says to our soul,.we are part of and are connected to 'being'..'community'..'family'..'oneness'...
Experiences give us the opportunity and allow us to remember who and what we are in relation to our relationship with others and everything around us..
Lets live ..love and be free to explore the potentials of expression, for the higher good of mankind. To deliver ourselves to the world and make a difference; through pain and suffering..shine through and create loving energy for others to behold..after all, we all need awakening at some level.
Thanks Lynn for your kind words!!
And Bruv,..how do you partake the cream cakes and melted chocolate in particular...!!!??
Hmmmm!!!! 'food for thought..!!'
Love Gary 'Pinky Pine' Perkins
...with a cheeky smile..
Dear all,
My view of the sins is that they are not sins in the religious sense but are merely a way of classifying the negative personality traits found in human nature and potentially demonstrable by all of us. They can be offset by the positive human traits such as love, generosity, selflessness, etc.
Anger can be used positively to challenge something that is unfair or wrong. Lust, one of my failings, can boost the confidence of those being lusted after.
If we are all God, as Lynn says, then God must contain all these traits too. We all can suffer from these from time to time and must either combat them or use them to good ends. I also thought of the film Seven when I read the post.
I agreed with Ciariad's new sins particularly how banks encourage people to spend money they dont have on products advertised as being essential but which are actually empty dreams.
May I add a new sin of Ignorance which is where people have forgotten to think deeply about how they live their lives and just follow the herd.
Another sin is Neglect where we have through ignorance not understood how important it is to take care of our planet and each other.
Love and Peace,
Nammington Bear
Dear Pinky Pine,
We occasionally celebrate the fact that a post generates a lot of comments. Nammy was our first champion with 32 comments on her erotic dream. However with your latest comment you have laid down a new challenge; the longest sentence ever written on the Dao! Your second paragraph clocks in at an astonishing 99 words! So you are now our reigning champ!!
Regarding the use of chocolate in satisfying Lust, my natural modesty and retiring nature prevents me from divulging the details, but suffice it to say that there is someone else on this site who could throw further light on these arcane practices.....
How about that for creating a little mystery....
Love
The Milky Bar Kid
PS Pinky, just to echo Lynn's comments about being there for you, one of the positive aims of the Dao is to act as a support group to each of us. So when we have problems we know that we can share them here and get support from others.
I currently have a problem. For my first hypnotherapy training weekend I had a raging toothache and for the second one, just gone, I had fallen over on a wet bathroom floor and consequently spent the whole weekend hobbling around the hypno rooms wincing in pain. The consequence is that the group of around 18 students see me as a subdued personality and in poor health. This has knocked my confidence quite badly as I know I am much more life-and-soulish than this. But I am falling into the 'victim' role of being the one who everyone asks 'Are you alright?'. Any thoughts on helping with this problem would be appreciated.
Hopalong Cassidy
Dear Bruv,
Oh, I know exactly how you are feeling. Different situation, but the feelings are the same.
This may be a time for self-healing in a couple of ways. Remembering who you are is important right now. And perhaps these situations occured at a time when you wanted to experience them on a souls level? Do we not bring these things into our lives to hopefully learn/expand from them?
Bruv, as long as I've known you, this short time, I have always felt you are an intellegent and confident man. If I can feel this across the pond on a pc, I'm sure all of those lucky enough to experince your knowledge and humor face-to-face recognize who you are.
I would not let this set you back a notch. There are no victims, only volunteers. Well, I heard that somewhere and it sounded right to me.
Bruv, I am certain you will overcome this quickly. Your making the commitment to learning hypnotherapy is honorable. It's a huge step in helping others overcome some of what you are currently feeling. I hope you are feeling better today. I slipped one time and thought I was hit by an 18 wheeler! And there is nothing worse than a toothache, other than childbirth.
All love,
Lynn xo
Dearest Bruv,
I couldn't leave for work without sharing this with you.
A friend of mine who is a physical trainer convinced a number of her clients to join her in the walk against breast cancer about 4 years ago. The walk was in San Fransisco, California. So, everyone had to train hard everyday and purchase a plane ticket. The walk was a 3 day venture, 24 (or 26?) miles per day. At night, everyone camped out in tents and used port-a-potties. Day 1, my trainer friend pulled a muscle and was unable to complete the walk for the duration. She drove in a car to the final destination to meet her clients. She was mortified!
Last night, after the SUperbowl where my family gathered at my brother's home, I made a stupid mistake. My brother & sister-in-law wanted me to show then how to dress a window with a bolt of fabric without cutting the fabric. Something I do ALL THE TIME with my eyes shut. I told them what to do, but as I was leaving their house to go home my brother, like many brothers, convinced me to do it quickly for them. So, feeling the LOVE ;-), I agreed and wanted to do it quickly as I was tired. So, I took this expensive fabric and cut is very crooked and when we put it up on the rod, everyone gasped. I am laughing as I type this because I felt so ridiculous as if I was 12 yrs old, cutting a piece of poster board without a ruler. Anyhow, now I insist on fixing it by putting it into one of my workrooms. All of this because I made a mistake in judgement.
Just thought I'd share.
With love,
Lynn xo
p.s. never give me a pair of sizzors when I'm tired!
Dear Lynnie,
Thank you for sharing these. They really help. I believe you are telling me to remember that we all have off days and that's life, so I shouldnt dwell on it. That has lifted my spirits already. We can get too close to our own problems, can't we.
Appreciate your kindness, ol' gal
Love Bruv
Hi Philly!
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.
I do hope you're feeling much better. Recently, I fell out of bed while asleep (a funny story for another time)and because I wasn't prepared to help prevent the fall, I fell very hard to the floor.
Pilly, I was wondering, how did your private hypno sessions go? I certain they went swimmingly! Thjis is an English term Swan used one time. I just loved it!
Hugs,
Lynn xo
Oops, not Pilly, but Philly. Unless you are being a "Pill"y at this time.
XO-
Hi my darling Bruv
Sorry to hear about your fall and I hope that you are feeling better physically now! I can honestly say that you are one of the most 'unvictimish' people I know, its like getting blood out of a stone trying to find out if you are OK and you have a lot to contend with I know.
You say that the others on your course see you as a subdued personality and in poor health - how do you know this? I believe that this is your view of their view and it is not their view at all.
I am sure that having chosen this course, they are all pretty enlightened and open-minded people and know that these things happen in life. The very fact that they are all asking you if you are alright I think shows that they care, not that they see you as a victim.
Did you all exchange each others' emails at the start of the course? Perhaps one way you can feel better, perhaps integrate on a more personal basis and boost your confidence would be to make contact with some of them, if you have their details, and perhaps suggest meeting up outside of class to practice on each other, or just contact them to find out how they are getting on with the course, and their progress. That way you can start to build a rapport with some of them and let your other lovely positive, 'life and soul' qualities shine through, as they do on the Dao - it would also be an opportunity to promote the Dao through the people on your course.
So just get on out there Big Bro and show them how you can Hypno!
Much love my sweet, sweet bruv xxx
Dear supportive ones,
Yes Swan, I agree that I do not show when I am feeling down, so it is hard for others to know this. For example Lynn mentioned how confident I appear, when I know that at the moment I am quaking inside. I think the problem is that I havent got over the depression I went through a few years ago when I had the foot operation followed by 18 months of 'cabin fever'. I think that one of the after-effects of that depression is that I find difficulty being in such a large group, 18 in a smallish room. When I can chat one-to-one in the corridors, no problem.
I am getting the urge to have some hypnotherapy on myself to deal with this issue, as I know I am not the person I once was.
Yes you are right Swan, the people on the course are all 'caring sharing' types and they constantly show their concern for me. They are so kind, getting me glasses of water, picking my papers up from the ground because I couldnt bend down etc. they cannot be faulted. However this kindness is what is making me feel victimish.
We had already formed an email group and will be meeting up to practice on each other so that side of it is fine.
I take a lot of heart from Lynn's lessons about this being normal life and that we all have off days. I seem to have a lot on my plate at the moment, particularly at work, so this is magnifying the problem.
The temptation is to say I won't take on these life changes and will go back into my comfort zone but I know I will feel defeated then and so do not want to do this.
I must adopt Bette Midler's famous phrase of 'F--k em if they cant take a joke!' and press on regardless.
Thank you for all your support guys,
Love Bruv
Yes Bruv, Lynn is right, I'll give you one of my examples.
When I first started my new job at the school of design, I was terrified. I could not speak very good French and didn't understand half of what was going on. My first project to work on with my students was with Decathlon, one of the largest retailers in France.
I was also at that time at a very low ebb, Manny had just left for his job in Paris a few weeks before and my menopause was playing havoc with my hormones.
Monday morning came, the launch of the project where I had to converse with the marketing and sales directors of Decathlon - it went OK but I didn't say much. Thank god there was another French speaking teacher there with me.
We all came into the room where the 30 or so students were waiting and I had to get to the other side of the room to sit down. I did not see a cable from the projector lying on the floor and fell flat on my face in front of everyone. The clients were smuggly sympathetic probably thinking Stupide Femme Anglaise!! The students let a few grins and laughs slip - and that did it. Each week working on that project I felt like I was a failure. I couldn't wait for it to finish.
This was of course all in my head - the students and the partners had probably forgotten about my fall long before that, and the project went really well, down more to great students than to me.
So that was a confidence knock. But after that on other projects I built up a great rapport with those same students, and all became well.
These things are sent to try us they say, and boy they do sometimes!!
Much love Bruv x
One thing I also meant to add Bruv was that perhaps your colleagues like the fact that they can help and talk to you as it gives them an excuse to get to know someone too. Swannyx
Dearest Bruv,
I completely agree with Swan. There are many who love the chance to share with others and show compassion. I know I am one of those. It comes from my heart and I do it all the time. Since I've found my spiritual side, I do it now without a thought.
I have so many stories about my goofiness. I don't see myself as a goof, but one of my closest friends does. And everytime I think about how she sees me this way, it never fails! I'll trip or stumble, like I make it happen.
I believe you are taking care of yourself Bruv. Perhaps you are right about getting help in overcoming your recent cabin fever/surgery. That was a tramatic time for you. And being in touch with your feelings gives you such a head start in healing.
Glad to see you're staying open with this. I'm sending you warm healing light, Bruv. This is one of those pebbles in the stream that you've mentioned to me. You will find your way around it.
All love,
Lynn xo
Dear Bruv,
I believe that the problems you have been experiencing on the courses are lessons which prevent you from taking over the class. I know this may be controversial but I know you very well and you have the ability to dominate a classroom quite easily. So this may be nature's way of restraining your natural enthusiasm and personality. I think that knowing you, you would want to challenge the tutor's authority and that is not what you should be doing here.
Next time, you might wish to offer to get them a water to get yourself out of the victim role, which doesnt suit you.
Finally I would like to say that I think you will be a fantastic hypnotherapist as long as you are prepared to be taught rather than teach.
Apologies to others who may think I am being harsh, but he does need to be whipped into line occasionally!
Love the Naminatrix
Hi Sado-Namochism,
Nice of you to break it to me gently! As the song goes 'I know him sooo well!'
You are spot on. I felt a bit better at one point this weekend and started challenging the tutor. So I will take your advice and SHUT MY GOB!!!
Thank you so much,
The Bruvinator
Hi Bruv and fellows 'bloggers'
While Lynnie is entertaining one of her customers..(I'll let her explain!!!) ..let me first say as regards my 'epic sentences'..you ain't seen notin yet!!!!
Thanks for your words echoing Lynns support ..I appreciate feeling 'a knowing' there are friends who I can turn to, when times are clouded with confusion and doubt. Suffice to say though I'm bouncing, and there was no real problem..but thanks again!!
Hmmmm melted choccie!! I love a mystery!...I wonder who it could be who has all the experience?? and I wonder also.. is there any particular brand of chocolate which excels!?
I hope you are enjoying your Hypnotherapy course Bruv, I found mine very interesting, especially the use of words..and then taking my new found knowledge into every day life . Groovy baby!!!!
Love Pinky Pine. Namaste
Wow Nam, say it like it is baby! This is the first time I have heard you be so forceful, what's happening?
Swan ; )
This comment could be heading for a record.....hold on in there - round 3 to come!
Hi Bruv
I'm sorry to hear of your problem at the Hypnotherapy training...if
I may chip in with my two-penneth worth, and suggest it might be you who sees yourself as 'the fall guy' just simply because of a lack of confidence. Being there with a group of strangers initially is daunting, add to that your injuries..and what might be emanating from you is this low self esteem. You feel crap and that is usually what is emitted through your body language, and as you know, body language is a massive part of our 'unspoken' dialogue.
I'm sure it is only temporary, and you will for def start to emerge as the person you really are.
I think everyone has the same feelings regarding starting some new skill, everyone appears to be so cool..and the truth is everyone feels 'not worthy' until they do..which usually surfaces after a few weeks settling in to the new surroundings and getting to know one another.
I remember my first weekends training and we had to pair off and create a scenario and then kind of 'commentate through it' together, my guts were in turmoil..but I 'had to' create something, which i did..total blithering nonsense, but at least that gave me some confidence to try again.
And when we were asked to speak about anything for five minutes in front of the group, I plucked up the courage to go first..knowing we were all crapping ourselves, but at least I could relax and watch the others as I regained my composure..self gratified...smug even!!!!
Its all about bonding and being able to express, to speak with confidence..as you will later on with a client
"Chin up old boy"...do something to make them look and think again about who you are...some bravado act to give you confidence too.
When I was at art school, I used the same strategy when faced with having to give an in depth talk to all, about your own work...scary, but worth volunteering to go first or second...self empowerment through your own choices...even if you do, go wobbly at the knees!!!
Good luck and 'tally ho..!!'
Sock it to 'em...!!
Love Gary. Namaste
Many thanks Pinky, and everyone else, for your advice. Just for the record, I dont have any problem with public speaking as it is a major part of my job and I could talk for England, but I just got fed up with not being able to be the real me, cos of these blinking physical ailments.
I would be interested to hear more of your hypnotherapy experience Pink. It sounds like you didnt keep it going professionally, did you have a change of heart?
Swan, there are sides of Namaste you may not have yet seen. For example, she is famous for literally foaming at the mouth and chasing me through the house with a carving knife. Oh happy days! O marital bliss!
I have certainly felt supported so thank you all.
Love Bruv
PS Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers!
I have a barrel of those...but no one to share with..sigh!!!
Yes Lynnie do you have something to tell us about one of your customers???????
We are all ears!!
Swan x
Hi Daos!
Namaste, I am cracking up!!!!! ;-))) You said that like a real pro! And Bruv, I am trying to picture Nammy foaming with a knife. SOmething is making me laugh here!
No Swan, Pinky was pulling everyone's leg, as usual!!! My customer was not a hunky man, but a customer who is psychic as well as her 7 yr son and wants to do something positive with it. She is interested in helping people.
Pinky, perhaps she can help you???? ;-))
Glad to hear Bruv's spirits up and getting back to normal. I can already hear it in his voice.
Hugs,
Lynn xo
...send her across the pond then Lynn!! Oh, I hear your client has just had a vision..and has disappeared without trace...
I live in hope..
Master Pine, the youngster of the Dao's...ho hum..
Cute, Pinky...very cute! ;-)
Cute...sweet...this ol bear???
is 35 a record yet?
Gary. Namaste
Yes, this post now has the accolade for the longest post YEH! Sorry Nam another time maybe!
Swanx
Wow whatta lotta comments! Well done guys!
For your info Lynn, Nammy is the gentlest fluffiest bunny - most of the time! However, her dad, also a quiet gentlemanly type, was also prone to a hot temper and once picked her up to throw her out of an upstairs window!
The Namster has inherited this temper which is only seen about once every 20 years! She is the only person I have seen who literally foams at the mouth in rage, white bubbles appear and then all hell breaks loose! Knives, vacuum cleaners, whatever is closest to hand becomes a lethal weapon.
I am sure she will say that these days are long gone by, but i still wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of her;-)
i'm going to start a new post now on romance to get Pinky in the mood for love!
Love
Bruv
Hello Daosters,
I appear to be getting quite a reputation here. So nobody step out of line or I will be on your case! Only joking, that temper hasnt reared its ugly head for at least 5 years when I gave my macedonian layabout husband a black eye (unintentionally!)which made him lose a lot of face with his macho friends.
I am quite nice really!
Love
The Naminator (thanks Lynn)
Hi everyone!!
Just touching on rage for a moment..I believe we all have the potential for 'erupting' and this is why for as long as i can remember, I give utter respect and love to all I meet, even in trying conditions.
These diplays of frustrated rage are usually fleeting, and having experienced them on a few occasions, recognise their source and are able to temper the situation accordingly.
Breathe..1...2...3...naaaa!!!!
The hypnotherapy I trained for Bruv was around 12 yrs ago. I used to train at the 'San Can Dan dojo' in Carlisle with a core body of us dabbling in everything on offer, meditation, tai chi, Karate, Hypnotherapy..So I never went into it with a view to be a professional practitioner, but just to examine more what we are about and be able to take from it its essence and take that into real life conditions. Great fun it was too, blood sweat and tears all on display, to share and bond, care and love.
Are you comfortable? close your eyes when you feel ready and visualise if you will a candle and its flame billowing gently...relax , breath deeply, going deeper relaxing more with each breath...Feel the chair against your body as you breathe and relax even more, sinking, letting thoughts come and go, keep the flame of the candle burning...(very basic !!)
I might resume some studies later in the year as there are courses always available.
..gotta go...Chow!!!!
Love Pinkster. Namaste
Not to worry Nammy, noone could tarnish your crystal reputation! ;-) Not some man, anyhow (just joking Bruv!).
Pinky, you've studied so much over the years. Your artwork shows just how in touch you are with your feelings. I don't know why I have such a problem with sitting in a classroom environment for long periods of time. But I do and always have. With the exception of the times I spent hours with my mentor, talking about life, God and going into the trance. Oh happy days!
Love forever,
Lynn xo
Post a Comment