My week stone carving was totally wonderful!, and opened up new areas of possibility artistically and spiritually! Working with stone is slow, so you reflect more and are in touch with your body more. It is amazing what clarity and calm comes.
We worked with soapstone , and alabaster, which are softer but still demand attention, and patience!
I would be really happy to come down with some tools and stones and show you how !.......you can buy an introductory set of stones and tools at http://www.greatart.co.uk/ .......so why not have a go.
Much love fuchsy xxxx
5 comments:
Hi Fuchsy,
I'd love to give it a try. There are lots of stones on the beach here which I believe are good for carving and their shapes will inspire you. We also have a nice big garden in the new house which has an area we could set up for a stone-carving workshop on a bright day.
Love Bruv
PS Fuchsy, I checked out the soapstone starter kit. I wonder if it comes with instructions on how to use the various things or can you buy that separately?
L B
These are lovely, I know that this workshop had an enormous effect on you, and I can understand why seeing you chipping away at this stone, day by day, you must really have to put so much of your energy into it almost becomes a stone 'you'.
Nice to see you in action as well as seeing the end results, these will look lovely in your garden.
Much love Swanx
Hi Bruv , the kit, I don't think comes with instructions , but soap stone is soft, and it you just have a go , you will learn !!,Depending on the stones on the beach , you may need other techniques, and more chisels!!ther are lots of books on technique on amazon too.
maybe we could put a date in the diary for a get together, say in mid/later september, it's john and my birthday then , so we could combine a weekend away with seeing all of you and doing some stone work too.
much love fuchsy xx
Hi Fuchsy,
Many thanks for the info. I will have to get back to you on dates as we are thinking of going away for a week's holiday to Crete in september.
Love Bruv
Post a Comment