Wednesday, October 10, 2007

EFT have you tried it?

My French teacher has taught me how to do it recently which has had a very positive effect on my oral French as well as my confidence to speak it - I just don't care what people think of my French now, I just speak!

I also tried the tapping technique on Louis the other weekend when he was feeling really unwell on a boating weekend. A few minutes later he was acting like he had never felt ill.

Have you tried it?

Best wishes to all Swan xx

7 comments:

lynn said...

Hey Swan!!!!! I have a few friends who have tried it, but I haven't. There's a wonderful website that gives good information on the technique, only I'll have to dig for the site if anyone is interested, I can't remember where I saved it. I'm happy to see it works for you. I'm interested in learning more about it.

Thank you for sharing this. I'd like to hear more about your experience.

Much love, Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi Swan and Lynn,
The website is mentioned at the end of the video. If you remember Swan I went to see a lady for EFT and it put me on the hypnotherapy path. The EFT she gave me which, as you know, is so easy to learn, removed my back pain almost instantly. But what was more important for me was that it in some way opened my mind to thinking about therapies and learning them. Because I switched to hypno I did not sustain my EFT work but maybe I will revisit it after this post of yours. I think it may work well combined with other techniques I have since picked up. Thanks for this posting. The other therapy which has just had a big boost in the UK is CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The government has just announced 3000 places to be made available for CBT therapists attached to the NHS. CBT is the 'talking' therapy which is proving very effective for treating depression. It, in effect, encourages positive thinking in the client.
Love bruv xox

Bruv said...

PS Its at www.emofree.com where you can download the free manual.
L B x

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, I had forgotton that you had sampled EFT I remember now that it had a very positive effect on you.

Perhaps give it a try again, it may do wonders for your foot.

Lynn, it's a very simple technique as you probably know, and it works on the chakras in your body by releasing and letting go of blockages that might occur over time.

You can use the technique for anything, you just have to think of the right sentence to focus your thoughts on what you need to achieve and then use the EFT tapping technique regularly 2-3 times per day, it's very quick and you can do it anywhere. Although you might feel a little foolish tapping away, I sometimes do it discreetly in the car when I am in a traffic jam on my way to somewhere.

My French teacher is a friend of mine and she is into all things alternative. She told me to use it to give me the confidence to speak French and not worry about making mistakes. I started tapping, and it was amazing, I just started talking more and more, I make many mistakes, but I really don't care anymore. I have had so many comments at school about me speaking more French, people have noticed that I have suddenly come out of my 'English' shell!

When I did it on Louis he was so focused on it, it was lovely he just lay there while I said the phrase to make him feel better and I started tapping on all the chakras. A little while after he came up and gave me a hug and said I feel so much better Mum.

The next day he was still a little poorly but I did the tapping again, and he got stronger again and all the feelings and anxiety went.

Swanxx

Sue Alouche said...

I'll also check out the talking therapy stuff Bruv, sounds interesting.
Swan xx

lynn said...

Hi Swan! I downloaded the information. Jon had sent this to me a while back, but I had forgotten about it. A friend of mine is into it and I was inquiring about it. Thanks for letting me know how easy it is.
And it's great to hear about your success!

Love, Lynn xo

fuchsy said...

Hi all , yes I've had a go ,but must re new it again , thanks Swann !
y xxx