
“I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I
think it's an on-going process. And it's not just
about being able to write a check. It's being able to
touch somebody's life.”
Oprah Winfrey
What do you think is the most touching thing you have done for someone, or someone has done for you?
6 comments:
I had some very moving times when looking after Dougie in his last year of this life. I felt a great sense of satisfaction when I got him listening to some of his favourite classical music again, which he had not done since the death of Ailsa and his little face would light up and his hands would gesticulate to the music - I think this helped him in his last few months.
Also in my work at the Surgery giving service to the patients and getting a lot of thanks and praise which makes me feel very good inside. Namaste xx
Music is something really poignant at times such as these aren't they? You brought back something that he had loved but had probably been afraid to enjoy on his own for fear of memories, moments in time coming flooding back...that's lovely Nam.
I am sure that you receive a lot of praise at work - you are such a naturally, caring and loving person.
xx
The most touching thing that someone has done for me was done by Louis.
This year, the Friday before Mother's Day, he saved some pocket money, went to the lovely florist in the town where we live and bought a single Gerbera.
On Mother's Day he gave it to me and I was very touched, but I thought it had came from the bouquet of flowers that Manny had bought me as it was the same colour as the ones in his bouquet and it wasn't in a wrapping from a florist.
So he told me that he had bought it at the Florist very proudly, and I said that I thought it was from the bouquet that Dad had bought me as they were exactly the same colour.
He said it wasn't, he said he taken it out of the paper and had cut the flower down as he had seen me doing that with flowers, so that it would fit in the vase.
He then produced the florist wrapping for a single flower and I felt very ashamed, but SO VERY TOUCHED that he had gone to the florist with his friend after school and thought of me in that way.
My lovely Louis.
That is very sweet and thoughtful of Louis he is a sensitive soul an old head on young shoulders.
I remember walking to the boulangerie with him when we stayed last year and he was very concerned about how nanny and granddad were getting on in Watchet is was like talking to an adult.
While my loved ones do so many kind things for me, on a daily basis in fact, for which I am so grateful, I wanted here to extend my thanks for the kindness of strangers. When I have been at a low ebb due to health problems I have been bowled over by how kind people can be who did not even know who I was.
As one example of many, I remember a nurse who came to me in the middle of the night and just sat by my hospital bed and stroked my hand. Her name was Peta and she had a funny eye which made me think that she only worked the night shift so that people couldnt see her. She murmured very loving words which soothed my worried mind and I will never forget her. In fact I am welling up now!
Yes Bruv,
I remember you telling me about this nurse - there are angels everywhere if we look. xx
Post a Comment