Friday, June 30, 2006

Another poem


By popular request(!), may I add this multi-layered poem which is just slightly different from the published version. Like a schoolboy with a scab on his knee, I can't seem to stop picking at these poems.....

Deep in the valley

The Combe lies hidden in the morning mist
And my heart lies lost in memories.
Lips barely touching, the vapours
Smother the wooded vale with soft kisses.
Steam rises up from the regions while
My fingers entwine in your silken hair.
Wisps coil around thick boughs as your
Skin yields under fingertip pressure.
Sunlight glistens on a grassy knoll
As I make my explorations in the furze.
Heady mist billows forth,
As the fingers of the Sun
Penetrate the hollow.
And I remember so clearly
Just how you were.

(originally written at Mounsey House, Dulverton. Mounsey House is situated overlooking it's own combe, or valley, and on the opposite hill are the remains of an ancient hilltop fort called Mounsey Castle which young Jamesy insisted on calling Bouncy Castle!)

3 comments:

Sue Alouche said...

Yes, this is lovely and the image just sums up its beauty.
Clever Bruv.

Suexx

Jon said...

What a beautiful sense of tenderness & love. The image(s) created are wonderful and deeply personal for everyone who has ever been touched by that sense of wonder at dawnd first light.

Jon

Namaste said...

Dear Bruv,

You have certainly conjured up the atmosphere of Mounsey in the morning. I will never forget the time that a large stag decided to come up from the valley to the house and put his face to the lounge window early one morning.