Friday, September 01, 2006

Feeling at Peace


Having had such a lovely time in Nantes with Swann et les enfants , I came back to England feeling at peace with myself , and really happy! Friendship is a precious thing, and I always feel so privileged to have great loving friends.

So thank you" Les Alouches " for all your love to me.

Here's a lovely piece for everybody from my daily reading


Pure Peace
“Why do we find it hard to be at peace with ourselves, each other and the world? Imagine a lake that is flat and calm and pure - it is so clear you can see the bottom. Even when the wind blows it only ruffles the surface. All is still and peaceful in its depth. Then the first polluting chemicals of the new factory and farm come rolling down the hill and into the water. Immediately it starts to cloud over and bubble a little. Chemical reactions are taking place and the purity is lost. When purity is lost peace is lost. It is the same with human consciousness. We are innately peaceful beings. Peace is our deepest inner state of being, our true nature. To be at peace is to be in our natural state, but only when our consciousness is pure and clean and true. As soon as the pollutants of any negative images are allowed in, or we allow old memories and experiences to disturb us into negative thinking, our purity and therefore our inner peace are gone. It's not the external event or person that takes our peace away - it's because we give them permission to enter and give them life in our minds. Keep your mind and heart free of all pollution, and peace will always be with you.”

love fuchsy

3 comments:

fuchsy said...

p.s this is an image I took in Guatemala, this year..it was so serene and yet so spectacular!
fuchsy x

Jon said...

Even though I'v only met Bruv and Namaste personally, I do feel as though I know you all here.
This piece from Fuchsy chimes so beautifully with what I'm reading this week "The transformed mind" by the Dalai Lama.
Beautiful words and more significantly, beautiful thoughts.
Thank you

Jon

Sue Alouche said...

As you know Fuchsy my mind was full of children's noise 'pollution' over the Summer. Things they say, things you need to think about, things you need to do, arguments you need to stop. Shouting for them to hear me. Funny things they say and do that stay in your head. Answers you need to find. Questions you need to ask. My head was totally full of my kids almost 24 hours a day. Well they are back to school today and so I can breathe a small sigh of relief that my head is feeling a little more at peace. But now, along with that peace I miss their noise, their laughter, them being around....so you just can't win - slowly I am getting more into the swing of it. And I know that you are going through the same thing too with your children who have both flown the nest but in a much BIGGER way.

I took Fleur to her first day at big school today she was very nervous but has a lovely smiley teacher so by the time I left she was laughing and feeling more at ease. Louis has a male teacher this year which I think will be good for him as Manny is away during the week. So i'll have to wait for this evening to hear how they got on....I hope that Jamesey has a good start at school this week too.

Much love, and peace, to all

Swan x