Saturday, October 21, 2006

Our creative life


This little thought was sent to me , and I thought it might bless you all too !

“Every day is an opportunity to be creative - the canvas is your mind, the brushes and colours are your thoughts and feelings, the panorama is your story, the complete picture is a work of art called, 'my life'. Be careful what you put on the canvas of your mind today - it matters.”

9 comments:

Bruv said...

So true Fuchsy. I know I've said it here before, but your post resonates with the Dharmapada's wisdom, "What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday. Our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow." Few of us can start each day with a blank canvas, so we must observe how we are currently thinking about life and what impact that will have on tomorrow's reality. It is always within our power to change how we think about things.
Love
Bruv

Bruv said...

Nice picture by the way Fuchsy. One of yours?

Bruv said...

Hi Fuchsy. Just got your email about B&Bs. I sent you all the details last Tuesday copied to Swan, but it obviously didnt reach you. I have resent today, but just in case I am doing something wrong, here it is:

Fuchsy,

I attach a link to the Watchet B&Bs for you.
http://www.4hotels.co.uk/uk/watchet.html
From the list, I would recommend in order of preference:
The Green - which is in my road, just a few hundred feet away!
The Esplanade - which is on the Marina esplanade and has a lovely garden (Swan has had cream teas there).
The Georgian House - which is in the High St and looks very elegant from the outside.
The Monkscider House is in another village about 5 minutes drive away.
I would not recommend either Green Bay (on a busy main road) or Rose Cottage (now sold).

I have not stayed in any of them, but if you click on the brochure link there are pictures for you to peruse.

fuchsy said...

thanks Bruv, my email , must have blocked your previous sent message!

thanks ..will get to it asap
y x

fuchsy said...

yes one of my pictures from Provence!

Anonymous said...

lovely picture and I love the idea of your life being a panorama, as soon as I read it I felt that that was the perfect way to view a life from left to right, skimming through all the images, places, times, moments, people, thoughts and feelings.

I read or heard something the other day (can't remember where) where a scientist has just interviewed over 2,000 people who have had near death experiences and they all saw and felt pretty much the same thing. A very bright white light pulling them towards a happy place with so much energy and all their loved ones, friend, family and others passing by them. That made me feel really happy to hear that.

Do you know anyone who has experienced anything like this, or do you have any thoughts on what you think it will be like?

Sue Alouche said...

This is actually Swan's post above, don't know how my username came up!

Bruv said...

There are some excellent books on near-death experiences and most of them are somewhere in the junk-yard that is my loft! They all report similar experiences although there is a strong scientific argument (but I cant remember what it is) as to why we experience going down the tunnel to the clear light, the white picket fence round the cottage and the family beckoning. If you dont get through the white fence gate you get drawn back to your body. This experience (not fences and cottages which is for westerners) is all set out in an ancient document called the Tibetan Book of the Dead which I would recommend as essential reading for anyone interested in NDEs. If only to say How did they know all that then!
Bruv

Namaste said...

many people after having had a near death experience completely change their life. The person I have in mind is an american lady called Denise Lynn, who was before the NDE a scientist but is now a past-life regressionist. I went to one of her workshops about 10 years ago where I was regressed back to the time of the Great Plague. She has written several books on this subject.
Love Nam