Monday, October 30, 2006

Some words for Gypsy's poor kittens


I have just seen some touching emails from Gypsy describing how she has spent the past few days trying to save her cat Gypsy's litter of 4 little kittens. They seem to have had an infection and she has lost them one by one, despite antibiotics and round the clock nursing. Gypsy and her children were distraught and have now given them a touching burial with poems and tears.
Our thoughts and love are with you Gypsy, Kathy, James, Mia and pussy cat Gypsy. And may the kittens find a new and shining home.

Thinking of you my friend.

All my love, Namaste.

5 comments:

Gypsy said...

Thank you Namaste for your touching post.
I wanted to share with you the poem that Cathy read out at the kittens funeral.
I wrote this when my dad died.

The hand of fate can move so deft,
Leaving one forlorn, bereft.
Robbed of precious peace of mind,
Life seems more cruel than life seems kind.
When all around is grey and dim,
Try to find the light within.
A simple flame that burns so bright,
A lantern on a wintry night.
Let that lantern in your heart,
Light your way when all is dark.
And once the wound of loss does fade
You'll see the mark that love has made.

Despite my own sorrows I was thinking of you all on Friday. Happy Anniversary Dao and Happy Birthday to my Big Bruv x

Bruv said...

Dear Gypsy,
What a moving poem. It really touched me. I am sure that reading it out helped Cathy to come to terms with with the loss.
Thank you for your birthday greetings, and remember we are all here when you need us.
Nice picture too of you and Mia.
Take care Sister Gypsy
Love
Bruv

Namaste said...

Dear Gypsy,
I didnt realise you are such a good poet. Lovely heartfelt words that would have meant a lot to your Dad too.
Lots of love,
The Namster

Sue Alouche said...

Oh how sad Gipsy, I had a similar experience without children being around and it was a very sad moment when we lost one of our kittens from their mother Hatty our lovely old cat after having nursed her for 2 days, but with children around that's hard for them to deal with. Lets hope that they have all gone to kitty heaven.
How are you Michelle, have not received your communications for a long time is Worthing Mingles going from strength-to-strength?

Best wishes and lots of love Swan xxxx

Gypsy said...

Thanks to you all for your messages of support and love. Swan I enjoy reading your newsletter. Inspired by yours I have started doing one for Mingles. We shall have to try to find out why your not receiving it.

Bye for now my universal family x