
Hello dear friends, sorry to have not been on the blog for sometime, but even if i'm not posting something I'm often reading it !
I awoke this morning , thinking how greateful I am to have had the life I have had even if it has been very hard sometimes!
I realised that the refining fire of lifes travails is what has turned the lead into gold ...do you know that part in Handels Messiah ?...I used to sing it when I was in the school choir , and it always brought tears to my eyes, because at that time all I could feel was the heat , and sometimes it was unbearable !
BUT the great thing about getting older is that we can now look back and see how far we all have come !
I often felt totally alone , and so now I cannot bear the thought of it for others who may find that their experience at christmas...and have to do my little part to help out .
The best xmas card I received this year was from Swann...full of joy , fun images and great memories..feeling a part of each others life is so vital for me ...so thank you swann , for such an inspiring idea and to the dao where we can connect through the ether!
I've posted up an image from my 50th party of myself and my kids Sam and Yolanda....it says it all......what a great priviledge to have brought up these fab people , when i so nearly didn't make it !
I send you all my dearest good wishes for a peacful christmas and more joy , no matter what our circumstances ,in the new year.
yours
fuchsy
xxxxxx
5 comments:
Dear Fuchsy,
What lovely children and what a proud mum! Thnak you for sharing this photo full of joy with us.
Yes it was a lovely card from Swan full of family, friends and memories.
Merry Christmas to you and John and Sam and Yolanda (a name that I have always loved).
Let us hope we can get together again in the New Year.
Love
Bruv
xxx
Dear Fuchsy,
WOW! What a beautiful family you have. No doubt they come from you. I send you much love and hugs this holiday. May all your dreams come true.
Merry Christmas,
Lynn xo
thanks Bruv ,..you must meet the gang sometime!,yolanda was my maternal gradmothers name , and one I adore too !
we so enjoyed the Dao get ogether with you , maybe we can schedule a summer one next year !..or whenever swann is visiting you and your parents .....and have a lovely walk on exmoor too.
love to you all
fuchsy xx
Dear Fuchsy,
I echo your sentiments about the refiner's fire in the Messiah. It is one of my favourite passages. The ordeals we have to pass through in life eventually are seen to make us stronger, turning our leaden impurities into gold!
Love
bruv
Dear Fuchsy,
What a handsome family you are! Red is definitely your colour. Have a very merry Christmas.
Love from Nam Sandwich
Post a Comment