Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Tree of Hope, My Gift to the Daos

After giving much thought to sending the perfect Christmas spirit to all of you, I looked around my home and realized it was standing tall and proud in my living room. My Christmas tree. Although not the traditional tree I usually have, this painted red branch came from a tree outside my condo after Hurricane Katrina. The messages hanging from the branches represent Hope for our gulf coast area.

It is my sincere wish that all of you have a warm and loving experience this holiday season. I send prayers of peace to our world and into the hearts of each of you.

Merry Christmas,
Lynn xo

7 comments:

fuchsy said...

what a great tree lynn , full of survival and longevity....wishing many blessings to you and yours
fuchsy xx

Bruv said...

Dear Lynn,

Your tree is a poignant reminder of things that should not be forgotten during the holiday season. The hurricane is a potent symbol of cause and effect. Here in the UK we are experiencing freakish weather such as a tornado in the middle of London that tore houses apart in a quiet residential street. The world is reacting with natural force to what we are doing to it. And the effect is that peoples lives are devastated around the globe. I am trying to think if there is anything constructive that we can do here on the Dao, other than voting out any political party that will not take this seriously. If you have any ideas of things we can do please share them.

Thank you Lynn for this potent symbol and may you and your family come together over Christmas to celebrate in shared feelings what is past, what is here now and what is to come.

Blessings to your heart,
Bruv

Namaste said...

Dear Lynn,

I loved the tree and Bruv's idea about thinking about what we could do to save the planet.

Happy Christmas

Namdolph the red nosed reindeer

Anonymous said...

I hear you, Bruv. I wonder if these natural causes due to our abuse of our many riches is supposed to have this terrible affect on the people. Are we doing this to ourselves so we can learn to wake up after we're tired of hurting our globe? If we continue to not care about global warming, polution and such, isn't this the reaction we are making ourselves experience? A feeling of devastation until we wake the heck up?

I agree with you. Something should be done, other than voting out political leaders, to help us understand cause & effect. We need to learn how to stop the cycle and actually reverse it.

I believe it's called conscious living. As great messangers, I think it's our duty to make others aware. It only takes one voice to be heard that can change things for the better.

I'm going to give this some thought as well. I like your idea. I'm also sorry to hear about the tornado. Is this also the way our world rejuvinates itself? Not sure that's the right word.

Loads of luving and happy it's Friday!!!!!

Joy to the World!
Lynn xo

Anonymous said...

We are all one. there is no difference between your thoughts and mine and your neighbors.

Change is good, frustration and anger only serves to fix in place what we already observe.

Hold what you see and be with it, and only then once you accept it as a part of you can you seek to change it's direction.

alternativly, recognise that I'm full of bull! and carry on trying to change the world whilst the devil has been playing in our own backyard... ;-)

live, laugh and enjoy. it's all falling apart anyway.

Lighten up. pack light!

Bruv said...

Thank you Anonymous for your thoughts.
It is such a pity that, even though we are all one and all in this together, there are people in this world who want to kill other people and take their possessions from them. If only we could accept what is given to us and be content with it, then the world would surely be a better place for all.


Have a good Christmas my friend.
Bruv

Anonymous said...

And to add to Bruv's comments, I would like to say that perhaps we should all consider how we are living here on earth, during this lifetime/moment. Our work here is important. It's not just about where we end up when our physical heart quits beating. It's also about what our intentions are while we are here. I choose to be loving, even to those who don't share in my feelings and to the land that God gave us to live in. I recognize this is what we are made of -love.

Thank you Anonymous! Warm holiday blessings to you!
Lynn xo