Sunday, December 03, 2006

Distant Healing


Would you please join with me in sending our loving and healing thoughts to:

- Jamesy's friend Richard's dad who has just suffered a heart attack and will be having a triple bypass operation over Christmas.

- Marion at works friend Sally whose son has an inoperable brain tumour and is only 29 years old.

- Belinda at work whose mother-in-law is in a very serious condition following an operation for bowel cancer. Belinda's husband Hugh has to fly back from Mexico to try to be with his mum in time.

We can try and think of them as being part of our extended Dao family. Please add your own suggestions for those we should be thinking of.

I think that, where it is appropriate, it may help those suffering to tell them that we are thinking of them in this way.

Love
Namaste

4 comments:

lynn said...

Dear Namaste,

I opened the Dao blog just now with the intentions of posting the same request. Bruv suggested a couple of days ago that I bring forth a prayer request to the group.

One month ago, a co-worker found out that he needs a heart and lung replacement. The medication he needs costs $4000 per month and he doesn't have the income to pay for it. This med won't cure him, it will just make him comfortable.

I join you Namaste in keeping with these much needed prayers and higher thoughts.

Much warm love and blessings to all. May the healing light shine upon all today!

~Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi Lynn,

We will of course include Miguel in our prayers. If you think it will ease him in some way, do feel free to mention that we are thinking of him and his family.

I know that whenever I have told someone that their name has been included in our thoughts that they have felt some comfort from this.

It is my belief that, while physical illness cannot be avoided, much of our suffering comes from our mental anguish about it and it is this aspect that we can specifically help to address here.

In Miguel's case you advised that he is worried about how to provide for his family. Are there any practical steps we can take to assist them?

Love
Bruv

lynn said...

Dear Bruv,

Thank you for your concern. I also believe like you that physical illness cannot be avoided. I've learned over time that praying for comfort, both mental and physical, is where I should direct my thoughts.

I saw Miguel yesterday, along with his adopted son, Rigo. It was fun to watch the 2 of them as they appear to enjoy each other's company. Rigo is 17 yrs old. It struck me hard that when my daughter, Ashlie, was 17, we could hardly be in the same room with each other. ;-) It warmed my heart to watch them joke & laugh with each other. At that very moment, I saw two spirits - ageless, genderless, without illness, without conflict - sharing in a true moment of inner peace with each other. Beautiful beyond words.

Bruv, I'm not sure that Miguel needs anything other than love. While I know he needs money, I have a way to help him supplement his income through my privately owned company. Rigo expressed yesterday that his dream is to become a doctor. He said he wants to help his father with upholstery in order to make his dream come true. My intent is to bring them the work.

Once again, I am reminded of the power of thoughts.

Forever love,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi Lynn,

This was very encouraging for me to read. While I believe in the power of positive thought, practical steps can often lift someone's spirits in a tangible way. It was so reassuring to hear that you have actions in place to bring them some solace. It is difficult to know how I can help from this far away, but if you can think of something I can do to offer support to them do let me know.

Happy Sunday
Bruv