
Hi,
It's Sunday morning and it's been a week now since I got back from my trip to the East and I thought I'd share some photo's from Red Square.
This is on end of the entrance to the Kremlin.
The front facade leading down to the main gate
I think this is the Russian version of the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Red Square.
Looking into the Kremlin from Moscow River bridge.
One of the many reconstructed Orthodox Churches in Moscow. Lenin destroyed all but a very few of the Russian churches in the early days of the post revolution period. Since the move towards democracy, many of these have been rebuilt from scratch to the same design as the original building. The odd effect is that you'll be driving through the city, clogged with grime and vehicle fumes, only to turn a corner and see the most fantastical orthodox church, with azure domes and gleaming gold spires.
Moscows largest toyshop (this is just the central hall on the first of 4 floors)
Latte at the airport. Almosr seems a shame to drink it!!
Jon








1 comment:
Hi Jon,
What an amazing experience Russia must have been for you. There is nothing in the states that comes close to looking like any of the pictures you have here, from my travels. I can only imagine how Sophia's face would light up seeing that toy store. Thank you for sharing this, Jon.
Have a perfect Sunday.
Love to you,
Lynn xo
Post a Comment