
Hi Folks,
We had to postpone the Dao meeting this weekend as we ran out of time, but thanks for all the input. We will use it when we reconvene. I dont know about you guys, but time seems to be getting tight now as we run up to Christmas. I, for one, have only just registered Christmas on my radar, even though the retail business has been telling me about it since Halloween ;-))
You may have seen the ridiculous articles in the UK newspapers about companies banning christmas trees and tinsel in the office in case it offends religious sensibilities. What is happening to this country? As someone observantly commented on the radio, what have tinsel and christmas trees got to do with religion anyway!
What are you guys doing for Christmas? It might be interesting to share our plans.
On Christmas Day, I will be going with Namaste and her partner Rob, together with our son Jamesy and my mum and dad to a new restaurant in Watchet called Esperanza for a seven course Christmas lunch. The restaurant is just a short step from my house down towards the harbour. Which is useful as I will probably have to be rolled home afterwards to sleep it off!
What are your Christmas plans folks? Do share.
Love
Santa (at least I look the part!)
5 comments:
Dearest Daos,
I just love this blog site. Again, I feel wonderful being a part of such a loving family.
Traditionally, the Weigel's (my family ;-) celebrate by attending my father's catholic mass on Christmas Eve at one of the churches he belongs too. Since he is the only catholic left in our family, it makes him feel good to see all of us with him celebrating his savior's birth. Of course, the lovely Sophia will be there, who suddenly becomes incredibly "angelic-like" when the singing begins. It's quite a scene as she is the most dramatic member in our family (if you can imagine that!)Following the catholic mass we will be eating, drinking, laughing and sharing some heart-felt tears with our extended family and some friends. This will be at one of my brother's home. Gifts will be exchanged as well. Christmas Day we will get together again at my parent's home, share some memories of Leslie and will hopefully get through the day a little easier than last year.
I just finished watching Darshan, The Embrace. A very moving documentary about Amma the Indian Guru who gives hugs for healing thousands of people who are in her presence. I recommend this movie to everyone.
Happy Sunday to all!
Luv and Peace,
Lynn xo
Dear Lynn,
Yes I have seen a film of Amma on TV. She is such an overwhelming spiritual presence and I can understand people who say that her touch has changed their lives. Thank you for reminding me of her, Lynn.
I hope your family will, an extra year on, be better able to celebrate your sister's memory.
I have just had an idea for the Dao. Why dont each of us bring a gift to the Dao for the others to enjoy at Christmas. It could be a photograph, a painting, a piece of verse or just some kind words from the heart for us all to share over the next few weeks.
What do you think folks?
Love
bruv
Hi Ciariad,
I know what you mean about this time of year for some. I've always found it a little difficult to get through. I am sending you loads of hugs for your holidays.
Much love to you,
Lynn xo
Lovely to hear from you Ciariad and thank you for the 'real life' christmas card, it was almost too big for my letter box!
Enjoy the continental Christmas markets with Deb, but lay off the gluhwein or you won't be sober enough for your stint with the Bristol homess old girl!
I know what you and Lynn mean about Christmas, I was never much of an enthusiast for different reasons, too much materialism and not enough goodwill for my liking, but I've decided that if you cant beat 'em join 'em. So I am trying to get into the spirit with this Dao christmas gift idea.
Love Bruv
I really love Christmas its my favourite time of the year. I love dressing the tree, hanging the decorations and preparing food for everyone.
I enjoy writing to everyone as there are some people who I do not keep up with throughout the year. I love the cold and wrapping up warm.
I enjoy the conversations around mealtimes. I like the funny games, the silly hats, the stupid jokes. I love it all.
We will be off to Paris for the Christmas Eve Reveillon this year to spend it with Manny's Sister, partner, his son and Manny's Mum and Dad.
Sadly we will not be in England for Christmas this year, but with Manny away all the time at present, we really feel like a long Christmas at home.
So we will be back on Boxing Day and will enjoy a very long week together, which will no doubt go very quickly.
Can't wait!
With love to all Swan xxxx
Post a Comment