
Some beautiful brain cells
Hello all, have just arrived back in the land in the Dao after a weekend of festivities followed by a fluey-bug but am feeling on top form again now. I hope that you all had a great Christmas - we all enjoyed ourselves and thank you all for your kind thoughts and gifts.
The end of the year is usually a time to reflect on the past year and think about the future.
I have just been reading an article on-line about the essays and predictions of Ray Kurzweil on the interconnection of the Internet and mankind during the development of Internet 3. A stage where it is envisaged that by 2020 we will be psychologically connected to the Internet by a computer chip in our brain - the Internet will become a part of our memory and therefore, our thought process.
Apparently, Moore's Law, named after George Moore, founder of Intel, also predicts that man and machine will converge at around this time, machines will become more like men and vice versa. It is also discussed that with artificial intelligence, death and diseases will be kept at bay and chips in our brains and bodies will freeze the aging process. With Internet 3 everyone's brains will be at the frontier of knowledge (so that we would not get bored with living longer).
If this was to come true, in such a short space of time would we all benefit from this, or not, depending on whether you see a llifetime on earth as a benefit or not? How would this effect our spiritual lives? Our karma? Our life on earth, without death?
This is predicted in 13 years time - doesn't seem possible, but apparently Kurzweil's past predictions based on his own specialised areas of knowledge and research have been amazingly accurate.
The development of our self and spirituality are also discussed in his book written in 1999 called The Age of Spiritual Machines. Machines which will give us all a conscience. Haven't got around to reading about this yet. Perhaps some of you have read about him before and could add some more.
To find out more take a look at his web-site - there's so much on there about the future I am frightened to look. Am trying to live in the present! http://www.kurzweilai.net/meme/frame.html?main=memelist.html?m=7%23622
On that note, it's nearly the New Year, so enjoy the last weekend of the year and don't think about next year until you have really lived out this one!!
Lots of love Swan xxx
1 comment:
Hi Swan!
OK, this is scary to me. ;-) I just picked up my first read on extraterrestrials (at a friends urging) and I thought that was frightening enough to approach.
I don't want to live this life any longer than I chose to prior to physical birth. Although, it's possible my soul's desire is to have a chip implant. You've peeked my curiousity and I'm going to visit the website.
Love to you,
Lynn xo
Post a Comment