Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year Resolutions

Hello dear friends!.....
Well it's that time of year again , when we make a review of the past and think of how change can be brought about for the new year !

I actually like change , when so many don't because I always see it as a way forward to better things and a better way of being!

Last year I resolved to see more of my friends, and I did it ..I visited Swann, the Dao group and my friends in the USA . It is interesting that all these visits gave me so much ...all of you are seekers of the way ...spiritual people , and I realised that what I spend my time on needs to be uplifting and life enhancing.

So that is my resolution this year...more lovely visits to you all,..hopefully if you'll have me !..... more painting and dancing ..good for the soul and the figure! .......more being in nature...my tiny garden and lovely walks.....more working with those who need a helping hand ...and of course more reading of the Dao ! to learn from you all!

Happy New Year in 2007 to you all..... may it bring you peace and joy and may we all bring relief from suffering where we can .

much love

fuchsy xxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Namaste said...

Hi Fuchsy,
Happy New Year! Hope you had a great Christmas.

lat year I resolved to eat more healthily, get fit, continue with Tai Chi and make some new spiritual friends. I think I have achieved all of these during the year. I have cut down on unhealthy foods, I did a half marathon charity walk in August, I have moved on to advanced Tai Chi and have got to know some new spiritual friends including yourself. So I am pretty pleased with my progress.

This year I resolve to continue and enhance these practices. I will be doing another half marathon walk for Breast Cancer in May and I have volunteered to do some voluntary work at the local hospice. I hope I can achieve these goals.

Love and Peace
Namaste

Bruv said...

Dear Fuchsy,

Well done with the resolutions. We would love to see you down here next year.

If you look back at the Dao archives for January 2006 you can see your own 2006 resolutions and check off whether you think you achieved them. I did some but not others. The one resolution I did not list but which was implicit, was to make the Dao a successful site where all are loved and respected. I think between us we have achieved this.

My resolutions for 2007 are:
- Eat more healthily
- Get back into (gentle) exercise
- Complete my hypnotherapy training course, which starts this Saturday coming and lasts for 10 months.
- Think about ways of making the Dao a greater force for good in the world (any help will be much appreciated).

Happy New Year folks!

Love
Bruv

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

It's been a great pleasure being a part of the Dao family. My commitment for 2007 is to continue my spiritual practice and letting go of judgements of others.

Yesterday was a rainy day here in southern Louisiana. Today the sun in peeking thru and I'm ready to hit the lake and shed some of these LBs I gained over the past 2 weeks. Funny how easy it is to gain weight and so much more effort to lose it.

Sending hugs for everyone this last day of 2006!

I was told by a friend that happiness is the key for 2007. I believe he's right.

Namaste,
Lynn xo

Sue Alouche said...

Looking back at last year's resolutions I did quite well.
1. To lose weight - I lost 20 kilos this year - still would like to lose another 10 but I feel great now.
2. Remember my telephone numbers in France - I can remember my home no. now!
3. We opened 4 new savings accounts last year - 1 for each of us and now save regularly.
4. To be more open with my thoughts and feelings with others. Yes, I have been really trying to do this and it has made me feel better, however, I still do have people around me that I could be more honest with - but I feel that sometimes, depending on the person, its better to let things take their course.
5. To do some regular physical activity buy a bicycle in the Spring - well this didn't happen last Spring, but for Christmas I got the bicycle lock from my hubbie and we will buy a bicycle next week when the sales start!
6. To go out once a month with Manny for an evening on our own. We now try and do that on Friday lunchtimes when the children are at school and Manny is back from Paris. I love it.
7. Pursue other teaching in English work - I have really developed this and I now have 2 private clients, 3 new schools offering me work for this forthcoming year already and I am starting my own business next week!

As for this year. I want to take a course in Art Therapy - after doing some initial exercises with Fuchsy last year and having since read a couple of books on the subject I find it fascinating. Fuchsy perhaps you can recommend some.

I want to to get back into Mosaic and painting. Have been missing spending time doing this recently.

I need to take some conversation classes in French - my spoken French is deteriorating instead of getting better!

And then there's the bike!

But my strongest resolution is to dedicate more time to seeing and communicating with people who I really care about and who REALLY care about me. For so long, I have dedicated a lot of time to those who I realise now, don't REALLY care about my wellbeing, or love me as a friend should. So its time to dedicate more time to those who are special to me and to spend more time with my family.

Lots of love to you all for this future year - I'll definitely be dedicating more time in communicating with all of you!

Swannxxxx

Bruv said...

Well done Swan on achieving your resolutions. You see I told you you are the achiever in the family ;-)

I am sure that, given your strength of will, you will achieve all that you set your heart on and if it helps let me know what I can do to help you. Here is the site of a Californian 'art for the soul' artist Jennifer Bundey that you may find inspirational:

http://www.jenniferbundey.com/

I find your comments about spending less time with people who dont truly care very intriguing. When I was 40 I moved house (to Strafford Rd) and did not send my old 'friends' my change of address. I felt I had to break away from false friendships. Perhaps you are feeling something similar.

Lots of love and support from your truly handsome brother ;-)

Bruvado
xxx

Bruv said...

PS. Dear Swan, can you remind me what the diet was, that you lost the 20 kilos on? I could do with a kickstart towards my goals!

Sue Alouche said...

Hi Bruv, well I didn't want to go on a 'diet' as such as many of these had not worked in the past, so I just cut down a lot on carbohydates and had yoghurt and fruit with nuts for breakfast or ham and eggs, (no carbs), then the other meals were really lots of proteins with lots of vegetables, salad, fruits, nuts, no carbohydrates.

Now I am taking back some carbs but usually only with breakfast (I have porridge or low sugar cereal with fruit and nuts) and a little carb with one other meal - I was eating far too many in the past.

I also cooked only with olive oil. I had milk, I also used butter not margarine, and cream in moderation when cooking.

Hope this helps!

Swanx

Bruv said...

Thanks Swan,

Forgive my ignorance, but I think of carbs as potatoes but what other carbs did you cut out? Is it pasta and rice? And was it the carb aspect that mainly caused the weight loss?

Sue Alouche said...

Yes hun, nothing with flour or grains - pasta, rice, cakes, potatoes, etc.
Swanx

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, you don't have to be as rigid as this - I know that when I eat carbs they make me fat and I want more and more and more of them. When I eat proteins I get full up but without all the sugar and flour which is not very good for your body to digest. I also feel more energetic and more healthy very quickly without the carbs which really make me feel sluggish.
Good luck Swan x

Anonymous said...

Swan-

I can swear by this diet of yours. For me, if I stick to the good carbs - veggies & fruits and leave out the yummy bread, pasta, rice, the weight will pretty much melt off. I even limit the fruits due to the natural sugar content.

Congrats on your weight loss, Swan.

Love,
Lynn xo

Anonymous said...

Dear Ciariad,

Happy New Year to you! June feels like just around the corner when you put it that way! ;-) I think that's a great idea. Sort of keeps one accountable as the days go by. I'm in.

Luv & Peace,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi Ciariad,

Lovely to see your beaming face again.

If you keep parking your car further away from the station each day you will end up walking the whole five miles - and on those high heels that is no joke
;-)

Love
Bruv
xx