
In the interests of living in the Now, I thought it might be nice for each of us to give a snapshot description of what we are doing at this precise moment, depending on when we reply to this of course.
For me it is 9.15am on Saturday morning. I am sitting in my lounge surrounded by priceless works of art, bathed in unexpected December sunshine pouring through the window. I am looking at my lovely Sophie dog sprawled out on the sofa. I am just out of bed and in a dressing gown, having spent yesterday night at a very enjoyable skittles evening. (For those who may not know, skittles is ye olde English equivalent of ten-pin bowling, involving trying to knock down nine wooden pins with three wooden balls and is played in a special long room at the back of a pub and is a game unchanged since the 16th century. It is very popular here in Somerset and many people play in pub leagues. It is also a lot of fun for the sort of event we had last night which was Namaste's medical surgery's Christmas party. About 20 people came and a great time was had by all.)
Today I will be picking up my Mum and Dad to take them out for lunch followed by food shopping. It will involve a lot of singing in the car as this is a favourite family activity on a Saturday. I am in a calm and tranquil frame of mind having slept well and am starting to get hunger pangs so I will toddle off to the kitchen shortly to make some soft boiled eggs and Marmite toast and a coffee. All in all the Now is a good place to be today.
Do leave your snapshots of your Now.
Lots of love and happy blessings to all in our Dao family,
Bruv
PS. The Dao local meeting is this Friday and we haven't had any thoughts yet on the Dream topic mentioned earlier. So please add your thoughts to that post for inclusion at the meeting.
6 comments:
Good morning everyone! It is Saturday morning, about 7:30am, and I am happy to report that all is going very well on my end of the world. A couple of days ago, I was brought back to the realization that living in the NOW is most important to my mental health. Once I put on the brakes, I was able to focus on why I AM where I Am.
I am sitting in my home office filled with family photos, beautiful paintings, an iron bed and a balcony off the door with a lovely view of a field. Just to the left of this is Lake Pontchartrain and the longest bridge in the world (24 miles long)-the Causeway Bridge. It takes you to the city of New Orleans. Sophia's many toys that she plays with when she visits are piled high in a basket and my two luscious cats are fighting for my lap. My head and heart are filled with last night's Christmas Symphony and although I do not claim to be a "Christian" in the typical sense, the music and lyrics were beautiful and meaningful. It was so much fun getting dressed up in velvet and fur.
Right now I will head downstairs to make a pot of coffee and meditate. I will be doing some volunteer work today at 9:00am. New Orleans is in very sad shape since Hurricane Katrina and all efforts are welcomed. Living in the NOW reminds me of how fortunate I am to have the ability to help others. If even with a smile and a hug.
So, I send all of you off to your day with a smile and a hug. I give thanks for your friendship and unconditional love.
Bright light and blessings,
Lynn xo
It is 5.30pm on Saturday evening. I am sitting on the arm of Bruv's armchair reading the Dao and enjoying a lovely cappuccino, having come to Driftwood Cottage to help Bruv unload his shopping and exchange a few grunts with my son Jamesy who is at that age!
Sophie is now lying on the floor gnawing a bone. I have had a good day; a nice lunch with Bruv's ma and Pa followed by food shopping for the week and a sing-song in the car. We spent the lunchtime discussing some family scandals of years ago and deciding 'arent some families peculiar'. This evening I will settle down at home in front of the TV to watch The X Factor ( a bit sad eh?) I am a bit the worse for wear today, after a few too many glasses of wine at the skittles night.
Love and peace to all
The Nambuka
I want to mention, in regards to the next meeting agenda, I'd be very interested in discussing OBEs because I've had a number of experiences with them. And I am fascinated with understanding my dreams. Your topics all sound interesting to me.
Loving light,
Lynn xo
Hi everyone
I am sitting at the computer reading the Dao, I am really in the NOW! I am just about to go and make some porridge for breakfast.
Fleur is playing nurses with her dolly who looks like it has had a major accident - bandages and plasters everywhere! Louis is upstairs playing a football game on his Playstation. Cassis is beside me purring and I can hear Manny still snoring!
We stayed up very late to watch the Mozart Requiem on French TV last night which was beautiful but hence I am feeling a little tiredies this morning.
Today is my favourite day of the year. We are putting up our Christmas tree and decorations this afternoon and the children are very excited. We all love doing it so this evening we will well and truly be in the festive spirit.
Seasons blessings to all
Swan x
Right at this moment of Now as I write this, I am sitting in the lounge of the Hotel Budapest in the centre of Moscow. The weather has turned a more seasonal cold and having breakfasted early, I have been out exploring all morning.
It’s now 2pm (11am GMT) and the taxi is due any moment to whisk me back to the airport –about an hours drive and 1500 roubles charge.
………….
It’s now 2.10pm and the taxi arrived and I’m now in the process of being duly whisked. Mostly through back streets that haven’t seen the benefit of a tarmac machine since the cold war!! -I hope the lap top is made of stronger stiff than the cars suspension!!
This morning, I rose at 8am, despite not requesting a breakfast in my room and despite there being a ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door. The waiter was determined that his honoured guest should have his shrink wrapped croissant and coffee, if it was the last thing he did.
Mind you, I couldn’t have been a pretty sight so ten out ten to him for perseverance –not to mention patience.. it’s amazing how long it can take to travel the 5 yards to the door when a visitor is the very last thing expected.
So once up, bathed and prepared for the day, I dumped my bags and headed off to explore the city.
I visited the Kremlin, beating off ticket touts like flies. All though I nearly succumbed to the offer of one tour guide to take me through the maze of the inner sanctums –she was drop dead gorgeous, legs up to her armpits and a lovely smile. Then I remembered that this was the weekend and there was no way I was going to get a tour guide through expenses!
I saw her again 15 minutes later with a group hanging on her every word – I bet she makes a fortune!
Red square is an amazing place and in between the icy blasts, I saw two brides, dressed in the full white bride gowns complete with white fur jackets to keep the wind out. Apparently Lenin’s Tomb is The Place to get married in for all nouveau riche Muscovites.
I spent a fascinating hour in the Moscow Museum which whilst being wonderful to look at was mostly incomprehensible, as there is no multilingual translation.
You don’t speak Russian? Tough, go buy a dictionary!!
The exception to this though was the 2000 year old Terracotta Army exhibition which was displayed in both Russia and English. It’s incredible to look at these figures and see the individual faces of real people. The mouldings and carvings, the statues and artefacts. You felt as if you were literally looking into real lives, like a time machine. The detail and colours were amazing.
So now, as we queue to cross the Moscow river, I shall sign off and conserve the battery for later. It’s looking like the long overdue snow is about to arrive…
See you all soon
Dosvedanya
Jon
Hi Lynn,
Just to explain how the local meetings work, we are hoping to get a local group where I live off the ground which will aim to meet every few weeks in one of our houses.
As part of the meeting we will have a discussion session on a pre-decided topic. In order to create a link between the local meeting and this online community we thought it would be a good idea to invite those who cannot get to the meeting to add their thoughts online so that they can be included in the discussion taking place locally. So please add your thoughts online to the Dream topic and i will endeavour to feed them in to the discussion next Friday.
Of course local Dao meetings can be held anywhere and if any of us were passing through Louisiana we could hold one at your place too!
Anyway, add your thoughts before Friday, and I have suggested some questions you may want to think about, and I will try and report back on what we discussed after the meeting.
Jon cannot make it this Friday but we will invite some non-Dao locals of a like mind to the meeting and maybe we will get some new people interested in joining the Dao, who knows.
We are very interested in your OBE experiences and will feed them into the meeting if you can give us more detail.
Loads of hugs
Bruv
Post a Comment