Monday, January 15, 2007

Sing Crow Knee City


Do you have any thoughts on:

When you stop wanting, you find that you get what you need.

When you want something real bad, it can be an anti-climax when you do get it.

This seems to conflict with our everyday Western culture of 'going for it will bring you happiness'.

Ever since I consciously made the effort to stop wanting things I seem to have all that I need. Also when you stop wanting, you find you have the time to appreciate what was there all along.

Have you experienced this taste of freedom? Do share.

4 comments:

lynn said...

Hi Bruv!

Oh, I am so with you on this way of thinking. Since I've stopped "wanting", I am no longer in the state of thinking I need something, as though I am lacking something. I have everything I need and plenty of it. I just have to "believe" I have it and it will show up.

I don't understand why we don't teach our children this in school. Our Science of Mind minister is a professional story teller and travels around the world working with elementary schools. She has taught young children how to create positive desires and tells them how to get it. How to think positively.

Before you ask, it will be given.

Love and Laughter!
Lynn xo

Sue Alouche said...

I cannot say that I have stopped wanting as there are some major things that I want, and until they happen I know that I will keep on wanting them. But when it comes to smaller things yes I have had experience of this.

Co-incidences in meeting people, when I needed to who showed me how to find or go about the things I needed to do or find out.

For example when I first moved to France, I didn't know anyone, Manny had met a few people at work.

2 weeks later we were invited to a 'newcomers' party at the Town Hall which was a magical Summer's evening with African drumming bands, tippees in the gardens for the kiddies with lots of activities and dressing up in costumes etc and lots of wine and food flowing. After 15 minutes of being there a lady ran up to me and said are you the new English lady? I said yes and she said, my husband is English and is desperate to meet some other English people. Françoise and John have become our lifelines here, they have introduced us to so many great people, Francoise who works at the Town Hall has shown us the way to do things and get the most out of our lives in Saint Sebastien, and they have helped me considerably whilst Manny has been working away.

Manny was their witness at their recent wedding. We have spent many happy times together and I hope many more.

They were a gift from someone who knew just what we needed and when we needed it.

Thanks whoever it was!

But these things have happened many times to me and I have already noted some of them on this blog in the past. I always seem to meet the right people at the right time to show me the way in life. Would you say that they are my guardian angels?

Swanx

Sue Alouche said...

By the way I said 'smaller' things I do not mean that as people are not 'small' things they feature very largely in my life. As you all know! ; )

Bruv said...

Swan,
i am interested to know what these major things are that you still want and can we help you to achieve them.
Love Bruv