Friday, January 12, 2007

Past life regressions


Namaste and I and two friends went to see a talk on Past Life Regression by a hypnotherapist as the first of this year's monthly Nature's Way talks. It was so disappointing. We all walked out at half-time. Not only was she the most boring speaker we have ever heard but the past life experiences were laughable in their inaccuracies. As a student of ancient and military history I had to stop myself chuckling out loud at the nonsensical experiences she described. Some examples may give the flavour:
She tried to tell us why so many people thought they were Cleopatra in a previous life by explaining, with a perfectly straight face, that it is possible for up to 10 souls to inhabit the same body!
She described the red coats of the British soldiers in the Sudan which looked just like the ones in Zulu; the British infantry wore khaki in the Sudan!
She described a high priestess married to a Greek soldier. Priestesses were not allowed to marry!
She described a young French boy on a 16th Century ship that was being 'bombed'!

These and many more gaffs made this the only disappointing night we had been to at Roadwater. I had such hopes of a good evening. As we left, other people were leaving in droves. I felt sorry for Carolyn, the pagan witch who organises these usually fascinating talks. She always gets up at the end and asks us to applaud a brilliant performer. The poor woman wouldnt have known what to say after this.

Next month is Shamanism. Should be more interesting.

Cleopatra (in a previous life!)

6 comments:

lynn said...

Dear Bruv,

Now, Shamanism would definitely peak my interest. I received a wonderful healing massage from a Shaman in Santa Fe last August. We sat around and talked a bit after the massage and I learned some about his life. Interesting to say the least.

Do let me know how it goes!

Love,
Lynn xo

Jon said...

I think I might try to get along to that one as well.

I tried past life regression once. I wasn't blown away with it to be honest either.

Not to say though that I'd automatically write every Past Life Therapist off any more than I do for healers or crystal therapists etc.
I'm sure there are good and bad, honest and misguided in all camps.

For instance, last rememberance day I went to a service in Watchet only to hear the local vicar preaching to everyone about the 'evils' of the Taliban. How these terrible wicked people were flooding the world with heroin from the poppy fields of Afghanistan.

Now I'm no fan of repressive fundamentalist regimes like the Taliban, but one thing they did do was to all but eliminate Heroin production overnight.

It's only since the American/European armies 'liberated' the people from the wicked clutched of these evil people, that heroin flooded the markets again. (Oh, and of course the Oil Pipe feeding western Europe from Russia was back under US control!)

:-)

Bruv said...

Let me know Jon if you are going and we can go together with Namaste. It is usually on a Thursday which might suit you.

Love Bruv

Namaste said...

Hi all,

Yes this evening was a bore and a half! Unfortunately there was no-one sitting in front of us and the speaker could see Bruv falling asleep and me nudging him in the ribs in case he started to snore!

Love Nam

Jon said...

I'll look forward to it.
I am re-scheduling alot of my travel and work schedules this year to give me a little more time at home which should allow for the odd free evening.

When is the next Roadwater disucssion evening taking place?

J.

Bruv said...

Hi Jon,

The Shamanism night is on Thurs 8 Feb if you are up for it.
love bruv