Oh wow, what a day. Just thinking about my birthday has caused me to reflect on 2006 - a year I have so much to be thankful for.
I was driving into New Orleans a short while ago and that 24 mile bridge gives me so much time to think about my life. I can choose to think about what is lacking in my life or you know.... just the opposite.
So, I started to think about my family. Just my immediate family. And to be honest, I can't find a negative. This is very new thinking, let me add. My relationship with Ashlie has always been crazy. I raised her on my own since she was 2. But this past year has shown how "positive thinking" can change 2 lives. Just today, we were laughing about so many things together. Sort of felt like Leslie was back in the middle of the conversation. And perhaps she was. Planning Ashlie's wedding has been hysterical. She is nothing traditional, I can never figure out her style, and all this time we thought we weren't compatible. What were we thinking?!?!?! We are twins in so many ways. Only, as her mother, I can't inform her of this.
The Laws of Attraction.... God how I wish I had known about this long ago. But then, this information would not have come to me in the timing it was intended. And if I had it to do all over again, I don't think I would change much. I'm sure many that I know would think me nuts to say that, because in my younger years I always took the hard road. But with some wisdom under my belt, I believe I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. I feel a deep connection with The Source and that's comforting.
I've spent the past 2 years doing nothing less than discovering myself. I like what I'm finding, so far. By most people's standards, I'm not even close to perfect. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure there can be perfection here on earth. But to me, I'm moving upward, embracing challenges, confronting old values, laughing off what used to rub me wrong, and most of all.... loving myself. All the eye wrinkles, gray hair (oops, time to get it colored!), wiggles and giggles, and last but not least, my thoughts. I'm loving my thoughts.
So, I welcome year 49 and look forward to 50. I have all that I need and could ever want. An all loving family, loads of uplifting friends (that includes you!!!!) and money to pay the bills. I am blessed, as you are. Oh, and have I mentioned Sophia? ;-)
These are the things that rock my world. Simple love, nothing complicated to figure out, just plain and clear. My family and friends have held my hand and now I realize that's what they are there for. A sharing of love and compassion, positive energy. I am grateful.
Forever 25 yrs. old ;-)
Lynn xo
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi Lynn,
What a fantastic positive message for us all. You could quite easily have been a bitter negative lady reaching 49 and regretting so much. But no, you are finding out things in later life that we dont always realise when we are younger. In the West we are brought up conditioned to believe that happiness lies in 2.4 kids in a big house and big car with all the so-called goodies. And it seems to take us a long time to see through these illusions doesnt it.
As you say, what can beat the simple love of friends and family and simple pleasures, a beautiful sunset, a walk in the greenery.
I often think we spend much of our lives trying to find our way back to each other and back to our simple selves. They should put this stuff on the school curriculum!
At 49 it is good to know that you can still see your glass as half full rather than half empty. I am writing this early as I am just off to my first hypnotherapy training session, so new beginnings for me too.
Best of luck with the second half of your life. Go for it girl!
Love Bruv
Hi Lynn, what a beautiful message you have sent out here... ripples of love, peace, gratitude and well-being. I feel them wash over me and it reminds me of who I am also. It is so timely for me to read this as well, as I had a dream to do with abundance just the other night. I feel as if messages are coming at me from every direction at the moment... true abundance of life!!
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you!! I hope you are having a glorious day, filled with gifts of the heart. With love, Louise xx
Hi Louise, I am not sure who you are but welcome to the Dao and we hope to hear from you more often.
Lynn, your message hit lots of chords with me. I too, really value and love my family and always have, I feel blessed for this as I know many others who do not have this shared love between their family members. It must have been difficult bringing up Ashlie on your own, and it sounds you like you have a very healthy relationship between you.
I also feel so much happier and content as I grow older, I love getting older and wiser, and feeling more content with who I am, what I have achieved and where I am in this time of my life.
Sometimes I get moments of EXTREME happiness and contentment which I find quite surprising. Daily things still irritate me, but I know that I wouldn't change a thing in my life.
So glad that you are thinking like this on your 49th! I found my 45 and 46th a bit daunting but I have really got into the swing of the 'late forties' now.
Have a great Birthday
With love Swan x
Thanks to all of you. I do feel more connected as I grow older, but still hard to believe I'm almost 50! Sophia just called to tell me Happy Birthday and she said "Are you 40 yrs old Nana"? It was hard not to say YES. Tonight I will be spending time with some very close friends over dinner. I'm going to do my best to take it easy on the wine, but you know how that can be! ;-)
Love to all of you dear friends!
Lynn xo
Hi Lynn
What a great message. Good to see you're looking forward to everything to come with so much excitement.
And Louise, good to see you here too. Looking forward to hearing more from you here too.
Love
Jon
Hi Lynn,
I must agree with you that there is a different type of happiness that comes with age. We can look back on the folly of our earlier years and laugh about it. And believe me I have made a fool of myself in younger years! With age we dont have to worry so much about physical looks because our beauty has grown within and shines out attractively.
Hello too to Louise. Hope you will add your thoughts here again.
Love
From very wise and very old Namaste
I love that phrase 'the stick of power' Ciariad. It so sums up a man's god given right to wield it ;-) i am sure some men would feel castrated without it!
Love
Br (in touch with his feminine side) uv xx
Dear Ciariad,
Thank you, and everyone here for a great birthday wish.
Ciariad, I must admit, if Ashlie were to move out of town that would be difficult for me. Mostly because she's be taking my grandangel Sophia with her. But when I think about it, when Ashlie was in college we lived in 2 different states (but only 1 hr away from each other). And my sister Leslie was alive and could check on Ashlie for me. She was my spy ;-). Living apart was a change for me and one I had to work thru.
I don't know how difficult it is to get to Malta, but I'm sure you will find peace with Rhys decision. And if he ever needs to, he can always pack up and come home!
Sending you loving hugs,
Lynn xo
Dearest Ciariad,
I'm sending you loads of warm loving hugs.
Love forever,
Lynn xo
Post a Comment