
A post to Lynn.
Without wishing to pry (well not much) a little louisiana birdy tells me you may have had a wedding in the family recently. We have all been waiting patiently for your field report on how it went plus photos etc. Dresses, party, honeymoon etc; these are the facts we need. Do share Lynn.
This post may prompt some of you to regale us with your wedding successes / disasters......
Love Bruv
Without wishing to pry (well not much) a little louisiana birdy tells me you may have had a wedding in the family recently. We have all been waiting patiently for your field report on how it went plus photos etc. Dresses, party, honeymoon etc; these are the facts we need. Do share Lynn.
This post may prompt some of you to regale us with your wedding successes / disasters......
Love Bruv
25 comments:
Hi Bruv!
What a sweet post. My daughter's wedding went off without a hitch. Now that her special day has passed, I'm beginning to look back at all of my self-induced stress to make certain my parent's home looked and felt as best as possible for the wedding. And all of that didn't even matter in the long run. Every guest invited attended which was a special feeling for Ashlie. I made Sophia a bouquet to hold during the brief ceremony and she never put it down, except for the 5 times she stood at the top of the steps and thru it over her shoulder to all the single women. ;-)
Ashlie & Paul took off the next morning for their honeymoon in the mountains of Ashville, North Carolina. I've heard from her that they're having a perfect time and although the heating system in their cabin is not working very well, she says they've figured a way of keeping warm. Oh... there is nothing like love!
The photographer will have the photos ready next week. I had my digital camera ready to take some candid shots, but I stayed so busy I forgot to stop and take some pictures.
I must mention that the groom got choked up saying his vows and when Ashlie was saying hers, Sophia was looking into her mother's eyes and say "Awe mom"! and gave her mother a big bear-hug around her waste. Then she said "Mom, you're married"!!!
I have such a lovely little family. I believe I picked well ;-)
Pictures to come soon.
Love and Hugs,
Lynn xo
Sorry, "waist" not "waste". There I go again, Bruv. ;-) I have a troubled keyboard!
Hi Lynn, Thats nice. I wish Ashlie and Paul many happy years together. Yes its amazing what stress we put ourselves through when actually its just people making contact with each other, catching up and chatting, without paying too much attention to the decor that you've sweated over!
I have quite a fund of wedding stories. To start here is the worst wedding meal I ever had.
A Scottish (perhaps I should have guessed!) workmate Brian got married and the happy couple left the church in a very expensive horse-drawn carriage with driver. We all thought this bodes well for an expensive meal. What we actually got was a paper plate with two slices of spam, a lettuce leaf, a quarter of tomato and a slice of cucumber. As if we weren't full enough after this, we were treated to a plastic pot with a few tinned peach slices topped with evaporated milk. I know Scotsmen have a reputation for meanness but this was taking a joke too far! As soon as we'd finished waving them goodbye in their expensive carriage, everyone piled into the nearest pub and ordered huge rounds of sandwiches!!
Love Bruv
Dear Lynn,
Here in the UK, weddings often have a reputation for leading to punch-ups (fights). About 20 years ago I went to a friend Val's wedding. She had taken up with a known criminal whose family was made up of people who would kill you as soon as look at you. Val's sister Barbara got into a fight with the groom's sister which included tufts of hair flying across the room! Then we all sat down together to enjoy a very nice meal!!
Love
Nammington Bear
Hey you 2!
These stories are hysterical! Actually, weddings in the US can lead to some guests drinking too much and heading to some non-conspicuous place for a round of hot sex. ;-) Of course, the lady I am would never partake in such an activity!!!!!!!!!!!
Naminator - I have to tell you, seeing two women fighting like that could be some funny entertainment at a stuffy wedding. Don't you agree? Hope the meal was as good as the live show! And not a couple of slices of cold spam!
Love you both,
Lynn xo
Hi Lynn,
I hope it wasnt you having hot sex in the basement ;-) And we thought you were a dignified southern belle!
Both Namaste and I suffered badly from pre-wedding nerves. Nammy's
eye swelled up like a golf-ball about a week before and she was worried that she'd have to wear a heavy duty veil to cover it up when walking down the aisle! On the morning of the wedding, my back locked solid and I could hardly walk. I went to the local chemist (pharmacy) and told him I was getting married and couldnt move. He said I have just the thing and he brought out one pill which he said was guaranteed to take it away completely. And it did. I found out later that it was just a sugar pill, a placebo, so that proves it was all in the mind!
Love Bruv
Oh that is so funny! The swollen eye and the bad back. Nothing like a good sugar pill, Bruv. I've administered some of those myself over the past. Did Nammy's eye look ok for the wedding? I'd love ya'll to share a wedding photo. I bet you two made an outstanding looking couple. Let's see.
The dignified southern belle I am would never use the basement. It's far too cold in there!
Cheers!
Loosened up Lynnie! xo
Hi Bruv. This is Gary or 'Pinky' or 'Soulman' a friend of Lynn's 'Disco' to me and you!!...you don't know..!!!!???? Oh ,yeah..she can boogie and bump!!..so Lynn tells me, I haven't witnessed it myself,.yet!!I have a lot to share with you, and with your blessing would like to contribute to your site.I love the way you gently 'prompt' others with your words and ask for the sharing of our experiences. Its a great site, very warm and welcoming, full of life and spirit, full of character and truth.And by the way how does one 'space' here..!!? Love Gary
Hello Lynn and Pinky, wow you have all been tapping away whilst my internet has been down over the weekend. Can't wait to see the pics, the hats, the embarrassing scenes!! So glad all want well.
Gary, Pinky look forward to hearing from you more on the site.
Love Swanxxx
Hi Gary/Pinkie/Soulman!
As you have gathered, we welcome all like minded souls.
Just to describe the Dao philosophy in a bit more detail for you, we are a friendly bunch who are not afraid to discuss any issue, as you will see from our archives. We tend to home in on the loving and spiritual aspects of life and try to emphasise the positive, uplifting, supportive aspects of friendship.
We prefer not to get into diss'ing each other as we are trying to be a force for good in the world. I prefer not to act as a group moderator, but will step in if really necessary.
I try and live by the principle that 'if what I am about to do or say will cause me or anyone else suffering then I will not do it'. I hope that gives you a bit more background to help you decide whether to join us. If the answer is yes, just send an email to philwoolway@yahoo.co.uk and I will issue an electronic invite.
Thank you for your enthusiasm Gary. As the song goes 'You make me feel like dancing' ;-)
Love Bruv
PS Gary what does 'space' mean?
Bruv
Hi everyone! Swan, glad to see your up and running again.
Bruv, if I may answer your "spacing" question. On a blog site that Gary & I contribute to, there is a particular issue with making paragraphs. I have never learned the proper way to spcae my sentences on the NDW site.
Gary, we don't have the same issue here. Type as though you are typing in your email.
Hope this helps!!
Have a loving and warm day.
Lynn xo
Hello people..
Thanks folks for the words we have already shared, and thanks Lynn for clarifying the 'spacing' issue. It does vary from place to place.
I'm sending an email to Bruv now, so he can send me an electronic invite
...hi ho silver and away..!!!
I will endeavour to be
as uplifting
as a honeysuckle scent
wafting before your nose..
as fruity as a glass of fine claret, its bouquet inspiring
and dancing on our palette
as prose
becomes to our senses,
fills us with wonder...
free to express
lifes ebbs and flows
..So
To beauty and the feast
of sharing
loving souls caring
...here goes!!!
A little 'ditty' to get my feet under the table..!!!
Love to all..Gary.Namaste
Nice one Gary!
Love Bruv
Sweet, Gary. So happy to have you on board.
Hugs,
Lynn xo
If this is a taste of things to come Gary I can't wait.
Thanks for that
Swanx
Hello Dao!!
I just want to thank all here on Dao blogsite, for your warm welcome.
I look forward to sharing some beautiful thoughts, inspiration and life experiences with you all.
A short 'bio' for you ...I'm Gary Perkins residing in Carlisle England.
I have three children, Karl 19, Sarah 15 and Harry 8.I've been maried twice and recently parted with my second wife Shirley. We are on best of terms and are able to carry on with life positively..especially for the kids.
Apart from reading and writing, I practise Tai Chi, paint , design board games..and interests too many to mention!!!
My occupation is Plastering, and I provide a service for other related aspects of the building trade .( ..promise I'm not touting for work here! )
Well feeding time...and i need it, wobbly legs!!
Love Pinky. Namaste
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the biography. Namaste also does Tai Chi, so I am sure she will want to swap notes with you on that.
May I suggest to all that it would be a good idea if we each gave a potted view of ourselves so Gary can see what he is letting himself in for! I will kick off:
I am 54 and the ex-husband of Namaste, who is actually Jane, and the ex-boyfriend of Ciriad, who is another Lynn, and the current brother of Swan who is Sue. We have a son Jamesy who is 18 and just venturing out of his bedroom for the first time.
I live in Watchet in Somerset and am a Training Consultant working from home or Bristol or client sites depending on the work. I am currently training to be a clinical hypnotherapist. So look in my eyes, not around the eyes, just in the eyes!
I have been known to paint, write poetry, play endless board and computer games (mainly of ancient battles), read ancient history and reading in general. You cannot see my bedside table as it is buried under huge stacks of obscure books.
More importantly, I am heavily into spiritual stuff mainly in the Buddhist / Taoist tradition and have practiced meditation and contemplation for more decades than I care to remember.
I am stunningly handsome and have a slim athletic figure (spot the deliberate mistakes in that sentence). I like a laugh and a good chat.
I am very much blessed by the company of my fellow Dao contributors who hopefully will lift their veils and reveal their details to you personally;-)
If you want to know more about me just ask Gary.
Welcome,
Love Bruv
Hi Gary, I believe most of this you already know about me. But I'll take the chance of repeating myself, which my daughter says I do too often.
I living in Mandeville, LA, just north of the city of New Orleans. I was born & raised in New Orleans, LA where I also raised my only child, Ashlie. Ashlie is 28 and has a perfect little girl , Sophia who is 8. Last week Ashlie married Paul and now I have another grandangel, Sebastian who is 6.
I love to read, meditate, travel and hang out in great restaurants with like minded friends. I enjoy walking and bikeriding along the lake where I live. And Sophia's not so bad to hang out with as well.
I started my company about 2 years ago, Lynn Weigel Interiors, LLC. My favorite area of my business is working with luscious fabrics. ;-)
I know you'll enjoy being a part of this family. I've had the pleasure of sharing my experiences here and have expanded my knowledge by their stories.
Welcome Gary,
Lynn xo
Hi Gary,
Nice to hear a new voice on our site!
A bit about myself. I am 52 and also live in Watchet two streets away from Bruv and Jamesy. I have also been married twice, first Bruv then Eddie a macedonian layabout who just wanted a passport I think. I have separated from him.
I too am very into Tai Chi and I have practiced the Yang form and this year I am learning Silk Reeling and the Chen 18 form which I am really enjoying. I also practice Chi Gong and Shabashi, if these are familiar to you. I enjoy good music, dressing well, reading and films and chatting to like minded people.
I am currently training to walk another half-marathon walk for breast cancer in the summer.
I work part-time as a medical receptionist in a local doctors surgery at Nether Stowey.
More about me will unfold as time goes by.
namaste
Namaste the Nam Sandwich
Hello I'm fuchsy (yvonne during the day) .
I am an artist and designer, and have run a couple of design businesses...I now help other creative businesses grow and develop.
this is how I met Swann, who became a client and supplier to me , and now a very special friend.
I have 2 fab kids Sam and yolanda 20 and 24 who you will see on the family section of the Dao , and a lovely partner John who i met dancing tango!
I live in north london , and am passionate about all the art and cultural persuits....., finding a deeper spirituality, and of course dancing.
I love yoga and adore travel whenever possible!
hope that helps
yours
fuchsy xx
Hi Gary, I am Phil's sister of 47 and I emigrated to France with my French hubbie and 2 children 2.5 years ago. We now have a cat, cassis and live by the River Loire in a small town called St Sebastien Sur Loire, 5 minutes from Nantes which is a sizeable French City.
I am a teacher at the Design School in Nantes, I work with product designers and I also teach English. I recently started my own business to allow me to develop more freelance business in marketing and communication design.
Last year I started up a local network for English speaking people living or working in Nantes
www.knowing-nantes.moonfruit.com, which is going really well and has certainly enhanced both my social and business life.
My children 8 (Louis) and 6 (Fleur) are now bi-lingual and Louis has also just started learning German - Oh to be young! My French is pretty crap! My hubby, Manny is an Interior Designer and currently works in Paris.
I am really interested by your board game development as I had what I thought was a good idea for a game just before I left London, based on Have I got News for You, and I would love to develop it....Perhaps I can share it with you as an idea?
That's it...Sorry I do ramble on!! Swanxx
Hi Daos!
Might I say that Bruv, you have impeccable taste in women! And Swan, I didn't realize Manny is an interior designer. I'd like to hear more about that. Is he in residential or commericial or ? Fuchsy, I thought for some reason, that you lived in France near Swan. Boy, the things you learn!!!!
Hugs,
Lynn xo
Hi all on the Dao!!
Many thanks for all your wonderful 'exposes!' and it feels good to be in such esteemed company.
There is one point I would like to make...I notice I'm the baby of the bunch @ 46 yrs!!!! I hope that doesn't make any of you feel 'old'...he smirks to himself, such cheek and only been 'here' a day!!!!
I can feel a significant difference here already as opposed to one other place I write to, and that is its/your lightness and humour, even though I see no subject is taboo, which is good.
I love all kinds of music, and I'm listening to 'Juke box tearjerkers' at the moment..Del Shannon...Fats domino...Helen Shapiro...to name but a few. But isn't it nice to listen to the words of these fifties sounds when with alot of todays music the 'noise' drowns everything else out!!!Makes you want to get up and dance..!!
One of my favourite films is 'Oliver Twist the musical'..an all time classic. Beauty, brutality, innocence, greed, squalour, loveable rogues and a wonderful score which we all sing along to. I love everything about this film..the characters just 'ping' from the screen..I keep buying the latest new copy for my 'children'!!..I can see their exasperated expressions now..."we've got that dad" ...have we????
I have trained in Hypnotherapy too, Bruv..about twelve years ago. Intresting stuff!! My Tai Chi sensai is a Shaman, and Clinical Hypnotherapist amongst other things. I am familiar with Chi Kung, we used to incorporate that, yoga and meditation into the Tai Chi practise, as well as training in other related forms.
I only recently resumed the T.Chi training here in Carlisle as their emphasis has changed due to the direction from Master Patrick Kelly .I'm currently learning the yang short form.
Nice to speak with you folks..unil the next time..
Love Gary. Namaste
Post a Comment