
Romance. We hopefully have all experienced it. Those wonderful moments when everything seemed so right and you wanted it to last forever. Perhaps it was eyes meeting across a crowded room or over a candlelit dinner. Perhaps it was the shared experience of a sunset, a film or a concert. Perhaps it was a moment in a foreign land where all was strange and delicious.
You know what I mean.
Share your most romantic moment with us in the run-up to Valentine's Day which will be a separate topic in its own right.
Love for love's sake
Bruv
You know what I mean.
Share your most romantic moment with us in the run-up to Valentine's Day which will be a separate topic in its own right.
Love for love's sake
Bruv
13 comments:
Hi gang,
I have been privileged to have had a number of romantic moments around the world.
The funniest was back in the 70's, before Bruv and I had started going out. Each morning I used to watch him sneaking up the back stairs in the office in which we worked, clutching his hay fever tablets and hoping his boss wouldnt see him coming in late yet again!
One of the most romantic was when Hassan and I shared our first meal looking out to sea at sunset towards Bodrum castle in Turkey.
Most of the others involved some sort of sexual activity so may not set quite the right tone for this topic!
Love Namentine
Great topic, Bruv! I look forward to hearing everyone's special moments.
I too have had the priviledge of having a number of romantic moments.
One I remember very clearing started at the office (!!!). He was Italian and very romantic. Every moment he could, he was in my cubical or leaving little messages on my desk. It was always fun to go to work and feel so desired all day long.
Another beautiful loving moment I felt was with my husband, the night we conceived Ashlie. The build up to that "moment" was so special and romantic. We were outside by a pond, late at night, and I remember how much we loved each other back then.
There is nothing like romance.
I'll be thinking about this while I'm at work and I'm sure many more moments will pop into my head.
Love,
Lynn xo
What lovely moments you have had ladies. I would like to share a few of mine in chronological order.
My very first full kiss, with a Turkish girl called Sue Mustafa, in the back row of the Odeon Cinema, Holloway Road. The physical sensation mixed with the heady scent of her perfume swept me away.
My very first date with Namaste
who turned up at Tottenham Court Road tube wearing a fur jacket and designer trousers and looking like a miilion dollars.
My very first date with Ciariad who looked fantastic too as she sat on my lap in 'our' chair and we kissed. Again the combination of spontaneous physicality and perfume took my breath away.
I can never forget walking along the shore watching the sun sink into the sea with a beautiful woman on my arm.
The other sensation I can recall vividly is the light-headed elation you feel on your way home after a first date with someone who you just know is right for you.
To all the beautiful ladies who have brought so much joy into my life, I say thank you so much for these memories which, as Ciariad says, keep me warm on a cold night.
Love and kisses to you.
Bruv
My magical night was with Manny. We had been brought together again by Anna, a good friend of mine at her work's Christmas party, the first time being a dinner at her house. (I will always thank Anna so much for that!!)
We danced a lot together and I remember dancing with him to Jazz is Paris, Paris is Jazz by Malcolm McLaren, and Sting's song I'm an Englishman in New York. Manny is originally from Paris and had just returned from New York after 10 years. Spooky heh!
After one dance we sat and he held my hand very tightly - at that moment it was almost as if I could see our future plotted out together it was a strange feeling.
The next week he asked me to go to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall, I arrived and when I saw him there was such an electricity between us that we both couldn't wait for the concert to end to get back to my place and......
that weekend we spent the whole weekend together and I remember Bruv and Nam you arriving at my door with little Jamesey and me having to make my excuses in a towel at the door!
That was one weekend I will always remember - Bruv, did you say romance or lust - I feel this has now turned to the latter!!!
Oh those heady days....but what wonderful memories all of us will always treasure.
So nice to hear your stories too everyone.
I too remember the first time I met Nammy and I remember thinking oh boy you were so in love!
It took a long time to get to know you Nammy, I think I was very shy with you and you with me, but you are now and always have been a special person to me.
Bruv what's so amazing about you, is that you have managed to stay such good friends with all your ex-partners - Ciariad I have never met you but feel like I have and I love Bruv's little quote about 'our' chair, pray tell more about this chair - if it's for our ears that is!
Much love to you all xx
Oh yes, we do want to hear more about the chair!!!
;-)
Lynn xo
Hi all,
Just to echo Ciariad's words, I would like to say that Bruv changed my life also. Before I met him I felt a lost soul. The only person I had really connected with before him was my step-sister El who I was very close with as a child. But when she met her husband to be I felt very jealous and pushed aside. Although we are not married now, I still feel a very close bond that will never be broken.
Swan said it took a while to get to know me, this is probably because I was very shy and insecure when I first met Bruv's family and also very young, I was 19 at the time. I feel very close to you now Swan, us Librans must stick together!
That'll do or else Bruv's head wont fit through the door!
Love and peace
The Nam to beat all Nams
Modesty forbids me adding too much here. But suffice it to say that I am still friends with almost every girlfriend I have been out with. Even as far back as Parry from Persia who I went out with in my teens!
There is a reason for this. I have been lucky enough to have met some truly wonderful ladies in my life and who I have really connected with and I dont see why we should not still be friends even if our circumstances change over the years. I hope they feel the same.
lets get off of me and back to hearing more of your wonderful romantic tales. I am sure you have more to tell. Perhaps Fuchsy has some Tango Tales to tell.
Thanks again,
Love Bruv (with the huge head)
Hi everyone! Bruv, you certainly have some wonderful women in your life, including your sister, Swan. I feel as fortunate as you. I am still friend's the the first kiss I ever had when I was in the 2nd grade. He chased me around the school yard after school let out until I got so tired from running. Then he laid a big one on me! ;-)
I can think of maybe 1 or 2 past boyfriends that I'm repulsed by when I think of them. Otherwise, I hear from most all of them. I picked well, but just not the right ones for me in an intimate relationship.
One day, I just know it will happen for me.
All love,
Lynn xo
Hi there..
My memory banks are devoid of any significant romances worth recounting....yes I can remember times of feeling my heart racing, labido pulsing,..expectations gushing ... but honestly there aren't any 'magnificent moments'..they have yet to come...my life til now has been about arriving here, where I can now see my path ahead before me, and I wait patiently for the one to present herself to me...One who I can devour with my deepest understanding of love, expressing it in evermore spontaneous ways of giving and sharing in all its touching and tender application of feeling and subtle nuance of potential...living and loving in the purest sense of lifes will for creative commitment for another...to open myself up and show unreservedly who and what I now am, the untapped possesor of an abundance of love too large in breadth and vision to contain within myself.....Who shall it be then, Who listens and feels a passion stiring within..where they shall be given a taste of my unrelenting love so smothered with it they might not recognise its source, for its power and sustained lust and fragrance, energy, rhythum,...I'm here and waiting with open arms... A posy and poems for you....take it from me gladly......
Cometh the day..
Cometh the season of spring..
When the multitude may flourish..
Openly pray
Feel the sun sing
Be nurtured and truly loved..
Your wish..
and mine too..Amen
Love Herbie Healing Pine Tree.
Namaste
Hi Pinky,
What a heartfelt plea for love. I hope you find what you are looking for. Being the Valentine's season you might want to give Fate a helping hand, rather than wait patiently.
Remember the old joke about the man who pleaded with the Lord saying 'Why not me Lord. Why have you never let me win the lottery. Its not too much to ask Lord.'
And the Lord replied 'Meet me half way, Joseph. Buy a ticket!' ;-)
So why not 'buy a ticket' and send out a few Valentine's cards. You never know what might come of it. Love may be just around the corner ;-)
Love Bruv
Thanks Bruv!!
I was wondering today if I went over the top..!!!!
It is what it is and yes good idea for sending out a few cards..got any spare addresses??
(joking..!)
Love Gary
I'm up for it Herbie, it sounds great!!
That's the best Valentine message I've ever read!
Wish I could give your little pine needles a shake!
With love Swanx
Post a Comment