Sunday, February 11, 2007

Google Analytics


What a head-scratching title, sounds like a new form of exercise!

As the Dao administrator, I can connect to Google Analytics which has reports showing how many people visit the Dao, where they are in the world and whether they are new bods or returning bods. Here is the link to the latest reports. The stats have only been switched on since Monday and we have had around 160 visits since then. You will see from the map that we currently have viewers in the UK, US, Ireland, France, Spain and China! You can right click on the map and zoom in and out to your hearts content.

https://www.google.com/analytics/home/report?rid=2324294&scid=1307087

Love Bruv

7 comments:

lynn said...

Dear Bruv,

This is wonderful news! Only, I tried to do as you instructed but couldn't figure out how to get any numbers to show up. :-(

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Love,
Lynn xo

Namaste said...

Hi all,

It is great to think that the Dao is being read around the world as far as China.

Welcome to all our overseas readers do leave a comment as we would love to hear from you.

Love the whole nam world

Pinky said...

Hi all
Let me get my best profile in shot for all the attention we are getting!!
The WWW is such an amazing conception..and it would be even better if I could navigate around it with more ease!!

Thanks Bruv!!
Love Gary X

Bruv said...

Hi Lynn,
Are you still having trouble finding the graphs? Just clicking on the link in the post should take you straight there. We now have visitors from Dallas, Poland and Australia! Welcome one and all.

lynn said...

Hi Bruv,

When I click on the link, now this is what I get - Reporting Error Encountered. User does not permission to report.

Hmmmm. Wonder what happened?

With love,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi Lynn,

What happened is that your Dao administrator (i.e. me) forgot to give all of us access to reports. Duh!

I have added everyone now so you should all be able to click on the link to see the reports.

Love Bruv

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, not sure if this is the case, I have google analytics for Knowing Nantes and I think you need to have an account to access this stuff?

The other really great stuff is when people tend to check in on the site - on Knowing Nantes there's always lots of people on-line at the start of the week and surprisingly no-one at weekends.
Also you can see how people are finding the Dao, if you add lots of links to this site you will find that people find the Dao even quicker, via the other sites, or by searches for info on the other sites.

You can also see how long people stay on the Dao which is interesting and where they navigate around the site. For example I just looked and someone came in via a search on Roadwater Evening and another via Hypnosis.

Great stuff Google, and Bruv I don't even have to right-click ; )
Lorra love Swanx