Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day


Well folks, it is not long now until Valentine's Day. Do you have any tales to tell of cards sent and received, romantic dinners for two, unexpected contacts and perhaps even new romances resulting from the day. Do share O lovers of love and life.


Love

Bruv

5 comments:

Namaste said...

Hi all,

I once had a crush on a fellow parent at Jamesy's school and our eyes used to meet across the playground. I used to bump into him from then on at every turn in the road. I could even sense where he would be, so one day I bought a valentines box of chocs and presented them to him even though we had never spoken. I thought he was, like me, a single parent, but he turned out to be married boo hoo.

On anther occasion I decided to fly out to Turkey for a long Valentine's weekend with my Turkish lover. We had a fantastic weekend which drained me for about a week afterwards.

Offset against these, my husband Eddy walked out on me the day after Valentine's.

Love and Peace and Happy Valentine's to all you old softies,
Namentine

lynn said...

Hi everyone!

I've had some nice Valentine memories over the years.

I, too, was dumped on Valentime's Day about 10 years ago by a man whom I dated for 7 years. It broke my heart. What was he thinking? FUnny enough, we have remained very good friends to this day.

This year it looks like I'll be alone for V Day. Oh well....

Always love,
Lynn xo

lynn said...

Dear Ciariad-

I have never heard of a horny teddy bear. What is that????? ;-)

And thank you for your kind words. I know one day, my prince will arrive!!!!!

Love to you,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi all,

I dont normally get Valentine's cards unless I am with someone but one year when I was on my own a card arrived at work signed X and I was so excited all day long at the thought of someone being interested in me. I waltzed around on a cloud of expectation and romantic aspiration. It was only when I got it home that night that I noticed that the stamp had actually been cut from another envelope and stuck on. It was an office prank and I fell for it hook, line and sinker!

I have had a few Valentine's presents, probably the best one consisted of a red box from Ciariad containing some beautiful pairs of designer bermuda shorts and a book of dirty jokes. A lovely combination! If you need well-thought out Valentine's presents she is the one to go to!

Love Bruv

lynn said...

Dear Bruv,

That was a MEAN joke! That's as bad as getting dumped on V Day like me!

Sometimes I get caught up in what I don't have during certain celebrations. Valentine's Day can actually be a nice time to let all of those we love to know just how much they mean to us. After thinking about this posting, yesterday I went out and bought V cards for everyone in my family. I will also be sending one to my oldest and best girlfriend. We've know each other since we were 11 yrs old. She is like a sister to me.

Seanding heart felt love and hugs to everyone today!
Lynn xo