
Kindness is a wonderful thing. To me, it means giving love unasked and without a thought of receiving anything in return. It is worthwhile to reflect on such rare moments.
Can you remember any significant acts of kindness that you have received or have given to someone? Do share.
For me, I remember being in hospital, lying in bed in the middle of the night feeling very alone and frightened. The night-duty nurse came in and stood by my side and stroked my hand without saying a word. Her name was Peta, pronounced peter, and she touched my heart. Thank you Peta.
Love Bruv
Can you remember any significant acts of kindness that you have received or have given to someone? Do share.
For me, I remember being in hospital, lying in bed in the middle of the night feeling very alone and frightened. The night-duty nurse came in and stood by my side and stroked my hand without saying a word. Her name was Peta, pronounced peter, and she touched my heart. Thank you Peta.
Love Bruv
9 comments:
Yes, I would say that Fuchsy is one of the kindest people I know. She gives so much to people without ever expecting anything in return. She is the one person who I feel really understands me and has shown me many acts of deep kindness, which have sometimes moved me to tears.
The first act of kindness she offered me was very soon after I had met her. I was planning our wedding day and she said that she would love to do the flowers as she loved arranging flowers. I was so pleased to have this taken off the list.
But Yvonne didn't do it by halves, she went to the Covent Garden Flower market very early in the morning, she brought all the boxes of flowers to the Museum where we were getting married and she then spent a whole day arranging the most lovely vases and bouquets of flowers, including my bouquet of beautiful roses.
They were very special because they were arranged with such loving care and attention and with such kindness by someone I didn't know so well then - so thank you so much Fuchsy xx
Beautiful stories! Very moving as well.
Last week, my favorite cat, Jet, got out of my house and was found 6 miles up the road. A young lady whitnessed Jet getting hit by a car. No one stopped to help my baby, but she did. She brought him into the closest Vet. Hospital and was going to stay all day if she needed to to see if he would survive and if his owners would be found. Luckily, I have my cats chipped, so I was able to be notified by the hospital about my beautiful cat.
He is so banged up and scary looking right now, but he is alive and on an upswing. The sweet lady who stopped to help my cat gave my favorite pet the chance to live. I am completely moved by her act of kindness.
It makes me feel comforted knowing there are people in this world who don't think twice about helping others.
Feeling blessed,
Lynn xo
thank you swann , for your lovely post , and for such a lovely memory , I did so love doing the flowers for you and Mani .
To me kindness is the smallest thing we can do for each other. I think of it in terms of tiny acts of love and service,... as Jesus christ said, that which you do to the least of my brethren you do unto me.
when I first started studying NLP we were asked to try new things , and one of them was to do tiny acts of unsolicited kindness . Standing up for someone on the bus, giving a helping hand , dropping a few extra coins in a buskers hat .
One day I was so moved by the music that a busker played that I stopped and listened to his whole set. He was so thriled that I did , that we ended up talking for half an hour about his futire , and I was able to put him in touch with a person i knew who might help him ...I felt so blessed by the experience, and that to me is what kindness does for both the giver and receiver..blessings all round !
I also love the mettabahvana practice that we talked about esrly on the Dao , which allows us to send thoughts of loving kindness to all , and the planet too .
I really find the dao a lovely place of love and kindness..blessings on you all Daoers !
Swan's note is a lovely testimony to Fuchsy's kindness.
As I may have mentioned before, I used to have an inspiring car sticker which said 'Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty' which resonates with the thoughts in Fuchsy's post.
Thank you all for making the Dao a place where we can exchange kindnesses.
Love Bruv
I have just read an interesting snippet in The Guardian in response to David Cameron's thoughts on the well-being of our society. A lady called Libby Brooks wrote in to say that 'happiness has to be cherished, not expected', she went on to say that happiness is being used so thoughtlessly in the current debates about 'wellbeing' and she felt that happiness has never been more than 'moments', she also said that she feels happiness is being turned into a commodity, whereas it should be a privilege, and even having the time and energy to contemplate its presence or otherside, is unique to our age.
I have to say that I agree with her, and I think we are all echoing her sentiments on this post. Happiness, is so strongly marketed these days in advertising for lots of things, its as if, if you have enough money to throw at anything you can buy happiness. We all know though that this is not the case.
I did have one of those moments of great happiness when I took the children to school this morning. I opened the door, the sky was deep blue, the sun was shining and my row of daffodils just running along our front wall had all just popped their heads out. Bliss, spring is on the way!
Ciariad you have had some amazing experiences, do you think that you saving the young man's life who was about to commit suicide was a result of this action?
Swanx
Some lovely stories here folks.
Ciriad proves to us the old saying 'one good turn deserves another', which I never really understood until I read this note.
Swan's article on happiness prompts me to say that in my life happiness is not something I strive for or feel I have a right to, but it is the byproduct of doing other things. I find I do things usually because i think they might make someone else happy and, lo and behold, they make me happy too. Or as Swan describes, I walk out of my door and see somthing that touches my heart and makes me happy. But I did not go out seeking it. These moments of happiness are not planned and are all the more welcome for their spontaneity. I switched on the Dao this morning and saw Swan's image of a trendy nun and burst out laughing. I must go and read the post now.
Love all
Bruv
I don't know how I got to do this, but this 'happiness' post should have been a new post, I ended up putting it here by mistake!
That's what comes of getting up too early in the morning!!
Dear Ciariad,
In my Science of Mind meetings, we are just touching on Angels. It is all so fascinating and beautiful to me. Could this man have been one of your Angels?
I think perhaps so. You are blessed.
Love,
Lynn xo
Post a Comment