Saturday, March 10, 2007

John Lennon Instant Karma

Instant Karma...ironic that John Lennon died so young, the Karma did get him sooner rather than later.....good Karma to you in this life and in the next, and the next, and the next and the next! Swanx

3 comments:

lynn said...

Thank you Swan! I loved this video of one of my favorite musicians. You're right, his life was brief. Much good karma to you as well.

Love,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Thank you Swan,

It is interesting how, down the history of mankind, that artistic geniuses so often die young. I think this is something to do with the temperament required. It often seems that their creative abilities stem from an obsessive, addictive personality. So many artists need to escape from the intensity of their feelings by over-indulging in drink, drugs and sex. You rarely hear of a creative genius who is a calm, domesticated type, do you. They say that the flame that burns brightest does not burn for long.

I know the jury has always been out on Yoko, but I admired her as a leading conceptual artist before she met John and while many felt she broke up the Beatles, I think John found a kindred spirit in her. I alwyas remember her piece of art which involved the viewer climbing up a very ricketty step ladder to see a tiny word stuck to the ceiling. When the viewer had taken their life in their hands struggling to the top they could see that the tiny word was 'Yes'.

I think the public felt similarly about Linda McCartney, but she too proved them wrong in later life by her powerful stand on Vegetarianism.

In a slightly different way, Princess Diana came good when she used her high profile to publicise land-mine injuries and AIDs victims. Just a photo of her sitting with a landmine victim or holding the hand of someone dying of AIDs would appear instantly on the front page of every world newspaper.

Three very under-respected women in my view.

Love Bruv

Sue Alouche said...

Yes Bruv I think you are right about Yoko Ono, she really did push boundaries, I always remember the album cover, two virgins, with her and John Lennon in the nude and her and John in bed being interviewed, these are my two distinct memories of them together. Since then she has come into her own more. I remember her being interviewed on Parkinson a few years ago and being quite impressed with what she had to say. She also came from very poor beginnings I seem to remember. When her family moved to New York they used to have to beg on the streets. She was on parky as she had set up some sort of peace prize and had raised a lot of money to held middle eastern countries.

I think on the other hand that Princess Diana was not under-estimated, these was evident I felt at her funeral which took place the same day as my hen night. Do you remember Phil at our wedding going on the bus around London and seeing hundreds and hundreds of bouquets for Princess Diana's death. I wasn't able to go to Kensington Gardens but would have liked to to pay my respect to a wonderful person, whose life was unfortunately cut short.

I could never take to Linda McCartney and I didn't like her food much either, although you are right she did a lot to raise the profile of vegetarianism.

What about Heather Mills then? ;0

All the best one and all Swanx