
Hi Folks,
Just to update you on the hypnotherapy course. We had a very good weekend this time and for the first time I wasnt in pain, having suffered a raging toothache the first weekend and a back injury the second weekend. The guys and gals on the course are a great bunch and getting on well together. This weekend we moved on to look at some of the ailments we will be treating. These included depression, obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) and alcoholism.
We saw a film on OCD which showed just how crippling this is for peoples lives. There were 3 subjects in the film; a lady who couldnt throw anything away for fear of losing something, this meant she had to examine even her rubbish many times over before she could throw it out; a girl who was obsessed with germs to the point that she couldnt touch food but had to put it in her mouth with pincers for fear of contaminating it, and a man who was convinced that he had thrown his newborn baby in a rubbish bin and substituted it with another baby. their everyday lives were hell and their spouses had the patience of saints to cope with this.
We started to learn how to approach an initial consultation with a client. So things are progressing nicely. let me know if you would like more info on any of the aspects or if you know of examples of people with the sorts of disorders mentioned above.
Love Bruv
Just to update you on the hypnotherapy course. We had a very good weekend this time and for the first time I wasnt in pain, having suffered a raging toothache the first weekend and a back injury the second weekend. The guys and gals on the course are a great bunch and getting on well together. This weekend we moved on to look at some of the ailments we will be treating. These included depression, obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) and alcoholism.
We saw a film on OCD which showed just how crippling this is for peoples lives. There were 3 subjects in the film; a lady who couldnt throw anything away for fear of losing something, this meant she had to examine even her rubbish many times over before she could throw it out; a girl who was obsessed with germs to the point that she couldnt touch food but had to put it in her mouth with pincers for fear of contaminating it, and a man who was convinced that he had thrown his newborn baby in a rubbish bin and substituted it with another baby. their everyday lives were hell and their spouses had the patience of saints to cope with this.
We started to learn how to approach an initial consultation with a client. So things are progressing nicely. let me know if you would like more info on any of the aspects or if you know of examples of people with the sorts of disorders mentioned above.
Love Bruv
6 comments:
Hi Bruv!
So glad to hear your class is going well and that you were feeling on top of it this weekend!!!
I'm interested in knowing how you will help OCD patients. Will it be messages given while under hypnosis? Can this apply to someone who is manic depressive, or simply depressed and takes anti-depressants? I ask this because I know many many people on medication for different depressions. I am also learning more about self-healing and think this could apply to just about every illness we give outselves.
Love always,
Lynn xo
Hi Lynn,
OCD is the result of extreme forms of anxiety and depression which have pushed the person into fixating on one particular aspect of their anxiety. Hypnotherapy has particular ways of dealing with this which we havent learnt yet, but what is of equal value is to reduce people's levels of anxiety and depression by helping people to regain control of their lives. So this will help the people you speak of who have differing levels of depression, with or without medication. There is much that can be achieved by getting into a routine of following simple relaxation techniques which I am sure many will have come across in yoga and meditation practice. These often involve starting at the top of the head and relaxing the muscles and working down the body until the whole body is relaxed. In hypnotherapy this would be combined with positive suggestions while in the relaxed state, which is a form of trance. So your friends can start by adopting a regular relaxation practice as a useful form of self-healing.
Love Bruv
Hi Bruv,
It is lovely to be involved with your hypnotherapy. I have been lining up the victims.. sorry, clients, and have been acting as an observer and provider of the treatment room. I feel I am enjoying it as much as you are.
Love Hypnonam
Hi Bruv, glad to hear that your experience this weekend was an enjoyable one. Sounds really interesting, funnily enough, a lady at the reading group tonight was just telling us about her son, who has to line everything up, if there are things lieing on the table he cannot leave them as they are, he has to have them all lined up. Is this a form of OCD?
Sometimes I think also that I have funny little rituals, not to this extent, but for example, even if I am late for work, there are some things that I cannot leave lieing around for the evening when I get home late, I have to have things looking ship-shape for when I get home.
I think this started when Manny left home during the week to work in Paris. I believe that it came out of feeling that I have to be on top of everything and when I am working I leave very early in the morning and get back around 7.30pm, so I can't stand a mess to come home to, I need to feel organised. Does anyone else have funny little rituals.
Love Swanx
Hi Swan!
I have some funny things I do as well. I can't go to sleep with dirty dishes in the sink and I don't like to go to sleep in a bed that hasn't been made. Oh, I hope I'm not OCD!!!! ;-) Bruv?????
Love,
Lynn xo
Hi Gals,
I too like to go to bed only when the house is tidy. I cant posssibly leave pots to be washed up the next day. I don't think this is OCD, just my upbringing and being a woman!
Love
The Obsessive Nampulsive Disorder
Post a Comment