
Last week, Tibetan Monks visited Louisiana and performed their sacred ritual to heal this area from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. I was moved by the intense efforts they go through to make such a beautiful masterpiece. Although I was unable to attend, a friend of mine did. He took many pictures of the ceremony and shared them with our spiritual group. The Monk's visit was a wonderful way to embrace a community whose lives have changed drastically.
Hugs,
Lynn xo
3 comments:
Hi Lynn,
It is ironic, but heartwarming, that there is such support from a poor ravaged coutry like Tibet for the world's superpower. It shows us that a loving heart knows no boundaries.
I dont know if you know, but these womderful mandalas are created on the floor in Tibetan monasteries from different coloured sands which at the end of the ceremony are swept away. A beautiful gesture which embodies the temporal nature of our lives.
Love Bruv
Dear Bruv,
I did read up on how the mandalas were made. I believe some of the sand was given to those attending the ceremony once it was dismantled and the rest of the sand was pured into the lake.
I am very moved.
Love,
Lynn xo
Wow Lynn how nice, what a lovely thing for them to do.
This story about the Mandela's is fascinating. I'll have to check out some more of them on the web.
Lynn, you must be getting ready for your trip to Paris, keep me posted of your itinerary.
With love Swanxx
Post a Comment