
We all, I am sure, know the power of positive thinking. It puts a spring in our step, makes us better able to cope with the world and also releases chemicals in the brain which can give us natural highs, as opposed to highs induced artificially. On the hypnotherapy weekend we had a speaker who, among many other things, made the following suggestion.
When we look back on life we often remember only the bad things and the memory of the good ones fades. This may give us a false perspective of our life. So she suggested keeping a journal in which we note the positive things we have achieved, however small, so that we realise that life is not all doom and gloom. She suggested a daily journal with three headings: Work, Social and Personal, against which we can record our positive thoughts. So let me record some thoughts of my own.
Work: I learnt a lot of new things about hypnotherapy over the weekend.
Social: I chatted to a colleague at work yesterday and encouraged him in his wish to move house, which he appreciated.
Personal: Last week I received a much improved health report from the doctor.
Perhaps you might want to record and share your positive thoughts in this way.
Love Bruv
When we look back on life we often remember only the bad things and the memory of the good ones fades. This may give us a false perspective of our life. So she suggested keeping a journal in which we note the positive things we have achieved, however small, so that we realise that life is not all doom and gloom. She suggested a daily journal with three headings: Work, Social and Personal, against which we can record our positive thoughts. So let me record some thoughts of my own.
Work: I learnt a lot of new things about hypnotherapy over the weekend.
Social: I chatted to a colleague at work yesterday and encouraged him in his wish to move house, which he appreciated.
Personal: Last week I received a much improved health report from the doctor.
Perhaps you might want to record and share your positive thoughts in this way.
Love Bruv
8 comments:
Dear Bruv,
Jon connectd me to a blog called Three Beautiful Things. Since I've been reading this blog almost daily, I started to think of the profound affect my life would have if I made myself record Three Beautiful Things daily in my own journal. It's one of the best things I've been doing lately. It lifts my spirit when I sit down to write everyday.
For the moment, this is what I'd like to share:
WORK: An abundance of profitable projects fall into my lap as soon as I think I'm ready to take on more work.
SOCIAL: I've met 5 new friends over the past 2 months who have brought much joy into my life. We are all on the path to a spiritually fulfilling journey. And we are helping each other with personal issues.
PERSONAL: My recent thyroid problem seems to be getting under control and in stable condition. I'm feeling the "urge" to get back into an exercise routine. The weather is getting nice in Louisiana. No more excuses! ;-)
Love,
Lynn xo
Hi all,
I believe that thoughts govern the way the world responds to you. I have noticed especially at work that if I wake up on a bit of a low (not often now) I can guarantee I will have a bad day. I believe a lot of positive things are happening for me at the moment.
WORK: I had a very good staff appraisal today and I will be taking on extra hours which will help the bank balance.
SOCIAL: I am beginning to become closer with the people I work with and I am making more friends at Tai Chi classes.
PERSONAL: I am getting myself fit with my training for the charity walk in May by walking each week through the countryside with the girls from work.
Love Nampossythoughts
Great idea Bruv. I do have a book where I put snippets of inspiration, things I have read which interest me, thoughts on things, poems etc and I did open this up a few weeks ago, whilst having a clear out of our bedroom and thought at the time that I hadn't added anything to it for quite a while, so this has inspired me to enter some new things. Here are my latest thoughts.
WORK
Manny has just heard yesterday that he has got a new job back here in Nantes. Great news for all of us!
I am really enjoying work this week, I developed some new creativity workshops for the 4th years to start their new year, and have been networking like mad for contacts for my new business.
SOCIAL
Knowing Nantes' Astrology Evening last Friday was very interesting, and we held our Reading group tonight. I am really enjoying the Knowing Nantes experience and what it is offering me now.
PERSONAL
Since I found out about Manny's job yesterday, I have been feeling so differently, like 'the world's not on my shoulders now' the pressure's off - its such a relief!
Love to you all and have a great week Swanx
By the way Lynn the blog three beautiful things is lovely, I go there sometimes too.
Suex
Hi Swan,
Good to see you back in circulation and what wonderful news! You must all be thrilled. Also Knowing Nantes has really taken off in a big way. I am tempted to start a Knowing Watchet but we just dont have the same calibre of restaurants that you have ;-)
Love Bruv
Dear Swan! Wonderful news about Manny!!!! That is so exciting!!! Sending your family love and hugs,
Lynn xo
Hi Swan,
I was interested in the Knowing Nantes astrology group as it is an interest of mine. Can you tell us a bit more detail about what happened. Congratulations to Manny, you must be very relieved.
We just heard from Mummy Woolway about her health check-up yesterday. Her blood pressure is excellent, she has lost 8 pounds in weight and 3 inches in height!
Lots of love
The Namster
Hi all sorry to have not contributed to this ...Manny 's job , must be the best news for ages !!!!!
so for me
Work : I gave a talk to women over 50 thinking about going into business for world womens day , and it went really well ..how great to think sisters are STILL doing for themselves!
and I've started a new blog about the work I do with creative people !
Social : looking forward to this weekend when John and I go to the london Buddhist centre for a day course on colour and meditation.
Personal :Just great to find a new accupuncurist who is helping me with my health issues...and so looking forward to my mimi trip to Paris for easter.
Post a Comment