Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring into action


Well folks judging by the warm weather, Spring is here! Which reminds me of that old poem:

Spring is sprung and the grass is ris'
I wonder where the birdy is
The birdy's on the wing?
No, the wing upon the birdy is!

What are your thoughts on Spring? Does it lift your spirits as it does mine to see the daffodils nodding in the breeze. Do share.

Love Bruv

9 comments:

Sue Alouche said...

Wow what a difference this last week has made on my well-being. I feel like a different person when the sun is out. We get an awful lot of rain here due I even found a song about it, take a look at http://knowing-nantes.blogspot.com/2007/03/barbara-nantes.html you can see a video of a french singer, Barbara, and her famous song about Nantes, and the rain!!

It also opens up for us another large room, our garden, where we spend most of our time in the Summer, we have had lunch outside twice this week it has been so lovely - let's hope it stays a while, I get quite maudling when its grey and rainy.

I don't know if any of you experience these feelings, but I really get affected by the weather and feelings I had when I was a child. When it is grey and raining, it reminds me of looking out of my bedroom window when Bruv and I lived in a flat on a large council housing estate just off Seven Sisters Road, I used to spend a lot of time looking out of the window at the traffic at night wondering where everyone was going to and wishing I could go with them.

When it is grey now I also have to have a small light on, or I really feel quite fed up.

Long live the sun.....come quickly Summer!
Love to all Suex

fuchsy said...

am am just the same Swann, i cannot bear grey skies , and feel so low , so the spring is such a blessing. I always feelhappiest when the sun shines , even in deepest winter !

can't wait for the summer, my little garden is such a blessing too !

lynn said...

Hi everyone!

I love spring time! A couple of weeks ago I purchsed some beautiful potted flowers for my front door. I can never resist spring flowers and how they make me feel.

Last week while I was in Paris, the weather was spectacular. I understand this is unusual. It started to snow yesterday morning while we were driving to the airport. I was thinking of how odd it felt to experience snow in March.

Sending much sunshine from New Orleans today.

Love always,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi Lynn,

Nice to see Frenchie back on the Dao. 'Springtime in Paris' is a famous old song isnt it. It would be lovely to hear of your exploits and experiences in Gay Paree. Do tell us all. Any tall dark Gallic men around?

Love Bruv

lynn said...

Oh Bruv, the men in Paris are beautiful! I don't ever recall thinking that as much as I did this last trip. I love the 2nd district where we rented a small apartment. We could walk out our door and walk right into a cafe on a cobble stone street. Can't get much better than that! I went with a dear friend who's never been to Paris and we had a ball. I spoke with Swan one day and when she asked what we did that morning, I couldn't remember. It wasn't due to the Muscadet ;-), but because we did so much.

I took a lot of photos of all the flower shops on the streets. You don't see that here. So when I read this post, I quickly remembered how in awe I was of the floral shops.

This was my 4th visit to Paris, but funny how I noticed different things this time. I think it was more about the beauty of the world rather than the materialism that fills it. I also started an Edgar Cayce book while there and it seems so fitting for some reason. I can't figure out why, but it does.

I returned home late last night to the shocking news that my father needs open heart surgery. He needs to have his aorta replaced as well as have a bipass or stint in an artery. Les died of a dysected aorta. What is it with aortas in this family? Couldn't resist thinking this as I remember your mum mentioning "what is it with feet and this family". ;-)

All will be fine on my end. I sure missed the Dao. I didn't have interent connection while away.

Sending much love to you,
Lynn xo

Sue Alouche said...

Lynn, it was so lovely to hear your voice in Paris over the telephone, you have a lovely accent, you sounded so happy there and I know the feeling, when you have done so much you can't remember just what you have done. Glad to hear that you are back safe and sound, but so sorry to hear about your Father. Sending you lots of courage, energy and love to help your father all you can.

Much love Swanxxxx

lynn said...

Thank you Swan!!! It's so funny that you mention my accent. I never think of having one! ;) I was thinking after we spoke about your accent as well and how sweet and kind your voice is. I miss that connection with the Dao. Your call certainly added a beautiful touch to my trip. In fact, my friend who was with me comment on how lucky I am to know y'all and have y'all in my life. I must agree.

Thank you for your lifting thoughts regarding King Weigel. He's a tough nut to crack, a man who won't show a side of himself that may make him look weak in some way. I'll never understand why he is like this, I suppose I'm just an open book. I love the comfort I get when I share some of my fears with others.

Loads of luv to you,
Lynn xo

fuchsy said...

Hi all , john and I are also off to Paris over Easter, it is so FAB to get there in just 3hours !

John feels it's is his spiritual home !..its so amazng to see the change in his sense of self ..maybe he was there in a different life, !!but maybe it's a metaphore for the freedom he felt he never had in his earlier life.

I just adore France too, and Paris is so wonderful for all the art too, that we just love it and have a ball..and soon it will be even nearer with the new rail link !Vive la belle France !!!!!!

lynn said...

Dear Fuchsy,

Have a wonderful time with your hubby in beautiful Paris.

With love,
Lynn xo