Sunday, April 15, 2007

Beautiful images

We have not been short of beautiful images on the Dao over the years. It occurs to me that different images appeal to different people in different ways. I for some reason am drawn to sunrises and sunsets. Here is a particularly beautiful sunset over the sea:


What sorts of images appeal to you? Perhaps they are of objects or of colour combinations or to convey a particular emotion. As we cannot seem to include images in blog comments, you may wish to raise a new post in response to include some of your own favourites.
Love Bruv

2 comments:

lynn said...

Hi Bruv,

I am also very drawn to sunsets. Once I was on a flight from New York to New Orleans and when we were way above the clouds, the sky was the most spectacular vision I had seen. It had every chakra color, I was amazed at how beautiful and peaceful it felt. This was at sunset.

Hugs,
Lynn xo

Sue Alouche said...

This sunset obviously inspired your next post Bruv...

My story about sunsets has to be my Janet and John book which I read when I was little and which at the end of the book had a picture of Janet and John walking back to their idyllic house with a magnificent sunset behind it.

I have always remembered this image and am always reminded of it when I read to Fleur - she studies all the images in so much detail and always comments on the small things, the things which I really wouldn't notice.

This was my favourite children's book in terms of imagery, and I know that I loved Janet and John, they seemed to have a great time together.
So sunsets will always have a special place for me.