
I know that all of us have recently been going through some tricky times, and things have been quiet on the Dao as we each busy ourselves in sorting out the problems of everyday life. This is as it should be. As the cycle of life moves on, we find ourselves encountering new and challenging situations. Again this is normal life for us humans. Our human nature is such that, over the millenia, we have developed a solution seeking mind and perhaps we even seek out challenges when life becomes boring!
As I work through my own challenges, a thought comes to mind which may resonate with you as you also have to cope with job, family, health and home issues. It comes from 'This is Dedicated to the One I Love' and is:
"And the darkest hour is just before dawn."
This means to me that, however long the dark night lasts, the dawn will eventually come to brighten our day. Does this resonate with you too?
Love Bruv
2 comments:
Dear Bruv,
Yes, this resonates strongly with me. Whenever I'm moving through harder times in my life, I know that the Light will eventually shine through. I have also come to realize when difficulty enters, that rarely, if ever, if there's no pain there is no gain.
I believe I'm going through a shift of some kind right now. It's deeper than the obvious that I'm experiencing daily with family etc. It's a good shift and I'm staying close to it.
There is so much going on in our schools on my side of the pond. So much unhappiness turning into taking the lives of fellow students. Perhaps this is also the darkness before the dawn. I tend to believe so.
Hope all is well with you.
Love, Lynn xo
Hi Lynn, yes I was so sorry to hear about this terrible incident in Virginia. When will they ban the public use of firearms in the US? You would think that so many lessons would have been learnt by now?
This incident also struck a nerve because I have just finished a novel called 'We have to talk about Kevin'. Its a story cleverly written in the form of letters from the mother of a child serial killer to her husband.
Apparently, the book caused quite a lot of controversy as the writer Lionel Shriver who has never had children, made some strong statements about the fact that many parents who have children these days don't have them for the right reasons and end up begrudging them for spoiling their lives. So this book is really about 'what happens when, instead of forming an instinctive bond, a mother frankly dislikes her own child, and resents the changes he brings to her life? And of course, what happens to the child in the case of this book, horrible circumstances.
Well there is no dawn in this book, just darkness and more darkness.
But Bruv getting back to your original question, This is so true, we recently went through a lot of darkness with Manny's job but now we have the dawn. He is so happy there and its just 15 minutes from home.
From your phone call the other day Bruv it also seems like you can see the sun starting to rise and Lynn you also sound like you are settling back into a more secure life after a lot of upheaval and sadness around you.
Its great to hear some good news is spreading itself all around us and a lot of sunshine over here too - today it was 29 degrees! Mad for April.
Love to you all Swanxx
Post a Comment