
This came to me this morning ......I am working with a client who has this ability in abundance , and I have learnt a lot from him ! Introversion The ability to enjoy one's own company is one of the greatest gifts life has to offer. Learning to turn my thoughts away from all my responsibilities at the day's end and take my mind into a state of peace and benevolence enables me to carry greater and greater loads without feeling the burden. When my inner landscape is full of beautiful thoughts, everything I do is a pleasure. Gently, I calm down chaotic situations and offer solace to troubled minds.
2 comments:
Hi Fuchsy,
Introversion. An interesting subject.
I too, am very comfortable with my own company but I find that the danger for me is that I can become too introspective. I can lose myself in my own little world too easily and become estranged from the rest of the world. This is particularly the case when working from home for long periods. It is very easy to feel trapped by four walls without enough social contact. To this extent, the Dao is a useful door to the rest of the world and I appreciate our little family so much. I have lately been working much more from my office in Bristol where there is a great bunch of people and I appreciate the face to face contact.
I realise that there are many people out there who for whatever reason find it difficult to look within as they may not like what they see there. These people go through life without seriously investigating and trying to understand what they are like. So in my view there is a balance to be struck between introversion and extroversion. As with most things, balance is good for our well being. What do you think?
Love Bruv
I love my own company, more and more. I think when Manny went away to work in Paris I obviously realised this more and more. However, I wouldn't say that at the end of the day my mind is full of peace, it's usually whirling from the day's events.
But I think that's normal when you have young children around!
I think you are right Bruv a balance is needed between the two. I too find this when I spend more time working from home. Email and other forms of communication these days can also lead us to being more introverted instead of picking up the telephone and talking to someone we can hide behind our computers!
I think this is an interesting subject for the way many people live these days. Are we becoming too introverted as a result of new technologies, new ways of being, new ways of communicating?
What do you think?
Best wishes Suex
Post a Comment