
Here is an amusing poem I found on a fascinating blog called Somerset Seasons produced by a lovely lady called Leanne. It has some great blog features, including playlists, clock, book reviews and favourite poems and is well worth an exploration at:
http://www.somersetseasons.blogspot.com/
Twas the month after Christmas
and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The stuffing I'd nibbled, the turkey I'd taste
The yummies I'd eaten gone straight to my waist.
The wine and the mince pies,
The bread and the cheese
I should have just said,
"No thank you, please."
So as I dressed myself in my boyfriend's old shirt,
I couldn't believe my bottom and belly - the girth!
I said to myself, as only I can,
"You can't spend the year disguised as a man!"
So away with the last of the sour-cream dip,
Get rid of the fruitcake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
Instead I'll chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have Irish coffees, or chocolates, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly I'll cry:
"I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore-
But isn't that what January's for?"
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot,
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Happy New Year
Love Bruv
http://www.somersetseasons.blogspot.com/
Twas the month after Christmas
and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The stuffing I'd nibbled, the turkey I'd taste
The yummies I'd eaten gone straight to my waist.
The wine and the mince pies,
The bread and the cheese
I should have just said,
"No thank you, please."
So as I dressed myself in my boyfriend's old shirt,
I couldn't believe my bottom and belly - the girth!
I said to myself, as only I can,
"You can't spend the year disguised as a man!"
So away with the last of the sour-cream dip,
Get rid of the fruitcake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
Instead I'll chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have Irish coffees, or chocolates, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly I'll cry:
"I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore-
But isn't that what January's for?"
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot,
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Happy New Year
Love Bruv
3 comments:
Hi, thanks for visiting my garden and for your kind comments :-) I certainly can identify with the poem, great fun! Happy new year to you and your family.
morning!
thankyou for visiting my blog yesterday, and the nice comments both there and in your post here!
looking forwrd to further visits!
bright blessings for a happy new year
Leanne x
A great poem and so true, I still have 2 boxes of mince pies to get through before I can start, and countless boxes of chocolates!!!
Perhaps I'll start at the end of Jan.....and have a miserable Feb....
Yes, a diet is one of my resolutions, as every year! Ho Hum....Swan xxxx
Post a Comment