Saturday, January 06, 2007

Look into my eyes, just my eyes!


Bruv just to wish you every success with your new course. Please tell us all about it.
With love Swan x

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

and from me Bruv, maybe you can give me a session when you qualify !

fuchsy xx

Anonymous said...

Dear Bruv, VERY COOL! I'd love to hear how your course took off for you. I'm certain you're enjoying every moment.

I actually thought the same thing Fuchsy mentioned. Hope you are feeling better Fuchsy as the day goes on. Hugs for you.

Luv,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Well ladies, as my home work this month I have to hypnotise at least five people before next months course, so it is a pity they havent taught me yet how to do it by phone. But if any local folk are reading this, I am desperate for volunteers!

This first weekend covered how the brain influences our health. I was hypnotised twice and I hypnotised one person. Clinical hypnotherapy is unlike what I had expected, having seen only stage and TV hypnotists, and is a very gentle process which is used to treat people with phobias, fears, obsessive behaviours, addictions and other anxiety driven personality problems including those resulting from illness and bereavement. It does not include topics such as past life regressions.

I was surprised to see that of 18 ostensibly well balanced students on the course, every one in the room had a fear or phobia of some description.

I am looking forward to practising my new found skills as the course progresses.

Thank you for your interest,

Bruv

Bruv said...

PS Sue Rodrigues of The Clifton Practice told me that you'd rung her to find out what book to buy me for Christmas that was needed for my course. I was very touched.

Love Bruv

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruv,

Great weekend you had! When I learned transcendental meditation, I was fascinated by being hypnotised. Then of course, we had to learn self-hypnosis, which wasn't easy for me. I still have a difficult time every now & again going in deep.

Glad to see your enjoying it as well!

Love,
Lynn xo

Namaste said...

Hi all,

I have got to say that Bruv is a natural at this. I received a half hour session on Sunday evening when he returned from the course and it has been very beneficial already. It has dramatically improved my sleep pattern and I had a good nights rest for the first time in weeks. I was also much better able to cope with a crisis at work today when I had to take immediate action which I would have dithered about before.

Love Nammy

Anonymous said...

Heh Bruv, looks like you will be doing some hypnosis on all of us before too long! Can you do it from a distance? So glad you enjoyed the weekend. Can you explain a bit more about what you learnt. Can you also explain what you did to Nam the Man, the old and wise one (not that old Nam!)

I think I put a little note on your Christmas Pressie from Amazon to that effect but perhaps it didn't get to you like that! How was Susan????

I can't stop thinking of you now Bruv without thinking of the hypnotist on Little Britain - for Lynn's benefit - there is a hypnotist on an alternative comedy programme called Little Britain who hypnotises everyone to his benefit; and his catchline is "Look into my eyes, just my eyes, nowhere else, just MY eyes". As an example he has a Hypnotism stage show and hypnotises the audience to believe that they have seen the greatest Hypnotist Show they have ever seen, whilst he reads a book for an hour and then clicks them out of the hypnosis, where they then clap and gasp at how amazing the show (they haven't seen) as been! You have to see it really!!!

Bye all, nighty night
Swanx

Anonymous said...

Dear Swan,

I can TOTALLY see what you are describing with the hypnotist on TV. And now, once again, at dear Bruv's expense ;-) I am filled with laughter. Bruv, I'm sure you know a few people you'd like to get your hands on and "hypnotise!!!! -- look into your eyes--- and change the way they......"

I am intrigued as well. I'd like to hear more about what you did with the Nam Sandwich (my all time favorite name).

Love, Lynn xo

Jon said...

Hi Bruv,
I missed this post a few days ago.
I'd gladly volunteer to be a test dummie.
Drop me an email and we can set some time together.

Cheers
Jon

Bruv said...

Thanks Jon,thats brilliant. I need to do it before 3/4 Feb.

I am having trouble finding five people locally so if you know of anyone else interested in a free relaxation and confidence building session do let me know.

Just to put peoples mind at rest the sessions are very gentle and very relaxing and will give a bog boost to your positive thinking abilities.

Mow look in my eyes, not around the eyes but in the eyes ;-)

PS Jon, Sophie Dog is a bit of a distraction for this stuff. So if you have a quiet room at home we could use it might be better? But perhaps you are in the same boat...

Bruv said...

Sorry. Big boost not bog boost!

Anonymous said...

Yes Bruv, these were the words I was thinking of....Now look in my eyes, not around the eyes but in the eyes ;-)
Suexxx

Bruv said...

Look up my nose, not around the nose, but up the nose ;-)

Bruv said...

Dear Swan,
I am under the cosh work-wise this week so I will have to leave detailed explanations of the course for later.

But one of the concepts that may be of interest to you is the Stress Bucket. When we have negative thoughts, i.e. thoughts that we cannot resolve for ourselves at the time, we can imagine that they go into a Stress Bucket. This bucket usually starts the day empty and may start to fill if we have unresolved issues during the day. These anxieties are normally dealt with by REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep during the night such that we can wake refreshed and often with solutions to the problems.

During REM sleep we relive the problems of the day either as a clear narrative or symbolically in dreams. We thus turn the emotional story into a narrative that we can watch almost like a film, thus disarming its emotional power.

If REM sleep (which is about 20% of total night's sleep) is reduced or prevented from happening, then the bucket will not be emptied and you will start the next day badly. If the bucket is allowed to get to the point of overflow it will trigger a reaction either physical or mental, such as anxiety, panic attacks, increased susceptibility to colds and flu etc. If this is allowed to continue it can eventually escalate into irrational fears and phobias or obsessive behaviours.

So the inportance of a good regular healthy night's sleep is vital to our mental wellbeing.

I have of course simplified this theory very much, due to lack of time, but I thought you might find it interesting.
Love Bruv

Anonymous said...

Dear Bruv,

I have a relative who is going thru so much right now, it's really sad. She has put so much on her plate over the years that she has completely lost herself. Your explanation regarding REM sleep may be something I can talk with her about. I would doubt she's getting deep enough sleep these days. Do you suggest melatonin or sleepy time tea as a help? That stuff gives me nightmares.

Hugs,
Lynn xo

Bruv said...

Hi lynn,

I dont know the products you mention but they dont sound very enticing if they give you nightmares.

I have always preferred a natural remedy where possible and I have found lavender very effective in getting me off to sleep when I have problems. I have a lavender pot-pourri in the bedroom but most effective for me is to rub on some lavender hand cream / body lotion just before sleeping. You can also buy small lavender cushions to put under your pillow.

Of course what would make much more sense is to get the stuff off her plate first. She should try and deal with the problems that keep her awake and the sleep will improve naturally. Even if it only one thing ata a time.

Let me know how you get on, Forty-niner ;-)

Love
bruv

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bruv! Lavender is a natural relaxing remedy. Perhaps I'll buy her some and hand deliver.

You are feeling very sleepy.........

Love, Lynn xo

Sue Alouche said...

Thanks Bruv
What you say is very true, I have passed this post onto Manny as he gets so little sleep I do not know how he survives the week - and I am sure if affects the memory too. I also stay up late sometimes too and it does have an adverse affect, but I just get carried awat doing something. Interesting about stress though I didn't think about it that way.

Early to Bed. Early to Rise. My new regime for 2007!
Swan x

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, why not hypnotise Mum I am sure she would be up for it if she can sit down?

Swanx

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, why not hypnotise Mum I am sure she would be up for it if she can sit down?

Swanx

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, why not hypnotise Mum I am sure she would be up for it if she can sit down?

Swanx

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, why not hypnotise Mum I am sure she would be up for it if she can sit down?

Swanx

Sue Alouche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Alouche said...

Bruv, why not hypnotise Mum I am sure she would be up for it if she can sit down?

Swanx

lynn said...

Dear Swan, I'm sorry, did you have something to say??? ;-)

Sue Alouche said...

Yes I think I got my point across Lynn, non?
Bruv I just wanted to reiterate that point!!! Its the spirits in the blogger again or my seratonine!!!
Have a lovely weekend all - Swan xxx

Jon said...

Sure, no problem, I'm sure we can find some time.
Can you do weekdays or just evenings?

Actually if you could do a later evening (after 9pm) you could probably include Marina (the boss indoors) as well. Alternatively you could probably get to us both on an afternoon between 2 and 3.30pm ?

let me know.

Cheers
Jon

Bruv said...

Thanks Jon,

I could really use extra volunteers. I cannot do during working hours, as my bosses prefer me to work then ;-), so evenings and weekends would be best for me. When you said between 2 and 3.30 in the afternoon, did you mean on a weekend?

Cheers
Bruv

Sue Alouche said...

Yes but what about Mum?

Bruv said...

Dear Swan,

You just wont let go of that bone will you, mon petit bulldog;-))

Yes, I heard you the first time and had already asked her long before you mentioned it! She is frightened of it, as you would expect, so my plan is to do Dad next Sunday so she can see there is nothing to worry about. The trouble is that the people who need these boosts the most, like Mum and Auntie Pat, are the ones who are afraid of it.

I did my first complete session yesterday with Rob and it was a fantastic success. It really boosted my confidence no end. With these skills, you can only do so much in theory and it is the practice thereof which is key.

Have a good day en France,

Your petit frere,
Bruv

Sue Alouche said...

Yes but what about Mum? : 0

Sue Alouche said...

Bruv that's really the last time I mention it!

lynn said...

Dear sweet Swan,

Don't you just love having the last word! ;-)

Love,
Lynn xo

Jon said...

my own schedule has me at work till about 6'ish although I am fairly flexible as a 'home worker' so it's relativley simple for me to skip a couple of hours from time to time.

After 6 it's children time until they're tucked up and asleep (usually by 8.30pm) and then it's time to walk the dogs.

So, I could either do a weekday afternoon or late evening. Alternativley I could come down to see you on a weekend afternoon as long as it's planned in advance. With children and dogs, there are not many 'spare' moments in a day - they need to be well planned ahead of time if needed. :-)

My home would certianly not be suitable outside of school hours though. We would just have to manage around Sophie -maybe a big bone to keep her attention?

Cheers
Jon

Bruv said...

This post is getting far too difficult to follow and is now closed at the record level of 34, yes 34, responses. Which overtakes Nammys erotic dream for the largest number of comments. Well done Swan our current champion!

By order of the management

Sue Alouche said...

Ok Bruv, but before we close it, what about Mum?

S x

lynn said...

Swan- You so girl!!!

xo- Lynn