Sophia, my granddaughter, is in need of prayers at this time. She seems to be going through some confusing times, and although only 8 yrs old, they are very real and scary for her. Thank you for all of your love and healing thoughts. Forever, Lynn xo

16 comments:
Hi Lynn,
Our thoughts go to comfort dear Sophia. I dont mean to pry, but are her Mum's wedding plans affecting her in some way? It can be a trying time for youngsters coming to terms with these changes in their lives.
Love and blessings
Bruv
Hi Lynn,
I think it is helpful to see a picture of Sophia so I can think of her as I put her in a pink bubble of love and healing. She looks a very cute little girl. I send her lots of loving thoughts to help ease her mind.
Love
Nam the Man
Thank you so much! BOth of your loving prayers mean much to my family.
Sophia has carried a lie for 2 weeks, trying to become accepted by friends in her new school. She took some of my mother's jewelry and passed it out to her friends, telling them her father was rich. My mother 9her great grandmother) has been missing her wedding bands (with diamonds) and was upset that she couldn't find them.
When school approached Sophia about her gifts, Sophia made up a story that she found the jewelry in the school yard. To make a long story short, she confessed the night of the wedding as to what really happened (2 weeks later). My daughter had a difficult time leaving for a honeymoon. This all seems so completely out of charactor for Sophia.
I think she's in pain and we need to get to the heart of it. Life is coming at Sophia very fast. Sometimes we all need to step back and re-evaluate our loved one's situations.
Much love to you both,
Lynn xo
Dear Lynn,
Thanks for explaining the background. I think the combination of the new school and the wedding has left Sophia bewildered and lost and she is desperately seeking friends and stability.
To give you some examples of similar behaviour, when I was about Sophia's age, my mum came home to find that I had taken all her jewellery and with a pin had picked out all of the stones which I had put together in a pile. Cant remember why but perhaps I was jealous of Swan getting all the attention as she was about 2 at the time.
Secondly, when Namaste remarried her Macedonian lodger, our son Jamesy, aged around 10, went through a period of pooping in the bath. Kids obviously need to show their insecurity, but dont really know yet how to express it. So tell Sophia that she is not alone in this and that, if she is able to, it is better to talk it out maybe with a loving grandma who is not the cause of the insecurity.
Tell her we care,
Love Bruv
Thank you Bruv for sharing this with me. Makes the sting of what's going on here a little easier to bare. Really.
The other bothersome thing is that the school has seperated Sophia from the class by putting her chair in the back of the classroom, away from the others. This punishment will go on for a month. I feel this is extreme and so does Ashlie. Ashlie has been talking with the school social worker for help. I just want to hug both of my babies.
Love,
Lynn xo
I love all of you for your warm thoughts and prayers. My mother told me today that she is going to Sophia's school to claim her jewelry and is planning on talking with the principal. My mother also believes this is an horrific punishment and since Ashlie is honeymooning, she is going to defend her great granddaughter.
I'll have Sophia with me for the next 3 days. There will be lots of hugging and luvin going on. I'm certain she'll open up to me.
Ciariad & Yolanda, I hope you're both feeling much better!!!
Kisses,
Lynn xo
Thank God for the strong willed women in our family!
Dear Ciariad,
Why are you not listed as a Dao contributor?
Hugs,
Lynn xo
Oops! I meant to say, Thank God for the strong-willed women in the Weigel family. I already know every family member here is strong-willed. I am lucky to have my families.
All love & joy,
Me xo
What a nightmare Lynn, poor Sophia.
Yes children do get up to all sorts of things to get attention - someimes its so difficult for them to just talk about things, and perhaps she didn't want to spoil her Mum's exciting wedding plans by talking to her at this time. I find it amazing how school's treat children. This sounds outrageous isolating her at the back of the class. What they should be doing is discussing it all together in the class and explaining why Sophia did this - that would be much more productive, then perhaps children would open up to their teachers or class-mates more if they cannot talk to their close families.
In France some of the teachers are very strict, and over really ridiculous things. We watched a programme on TV recently about French schoolkids being the most stressed-out in Europe.
Louis's teacher this year is great, but last year's put the fear of god into him about really silly things.
They really need to get some training in people skills, rather than rules and regulatory skills.
I do hope that your mother can make the teacher see reason and make her life more pleasant at school. She is going through enough already without this.
My thoughts are with you and your family - Sophie is beautiful!
Love Swanx
Hi Lynn, there are similarities here between Sophias fear and my daughters fear in coming clean with the truth with her pregnancy dilema.At least they found it within them to open up, eventually.You have to feel for them in these trying circumstances, you have to let go of any anger and just be there with them and for them, after all isn't it all about making mistakes so we can see the truth within us. and us old codgers(oh, me then, i know you're only 28!! ) have made one or two mistakes in our brief time here on earth.I remember playing with a friend once who only had one eye, and jokingly called him 'hawkeye!' ..unfortunately for me his mother was walking by and heard me and threatened to tell my gran, who I was staying with at that time. I was filled with fear and looked for all possible excuses under the sun...eventually i crept in when it was dark and everyone had long disappeared..except my gran sitting there waiting patiently for me.!! Needless to say she didn't show any anger but calmly explained how calling people names, or making fun of someones disability wasn't 'clever' or helpful. I learned my lesson quietly and grateful for her understanding..she did however make me go and appologise, which I did, and his mother was accepting too of my mistake. I hope all the jewelry is recovered and all is well for the children involved, and their parents too, and of course your mum.All my love Pinky.XXX
Hi Pinky,
Nice to hear from you. Your tale of your gran was so instructive on the right way to go about these things, getting the message across without being judgemental. An approach we should all learn by.
Love
Bruv
Again, I want to thank everyone for your love and support. I don't know if y'all get Oprah Winfrey show, but last month she had a special where skilled professionals went into a high school and picked 100 kids/teachers/staff and divided them into small groups. One of the exercises was each person said "if you really knew me, you would know that I...". Also, they put all 100 people together and the spokes person said "anyone here who has ever felt bullied by others at school, please step forward" and so on. This exercise is being performed in several schools in the states to help bring kids to a place of acceptance with their peers as well as being open enough to superiors when they feel troubled. You can't believe how the 2 day exercises went. You had the bullies hanging out with the nerds etc, most remained friends throughout their years at the school. It was beautiful!
Much love to all of you!!!!
Lynn xo
Hello Dao!
Great news to share! Sophia has been able to get out of her punishment at school this past Friday, ON HER OWN, by good behavior (whatever that means!). Her desk is in the back of the classroom, she tells me, with some of her friends!!!! Apparently she is back with the others in class and happy about it. She's determined to learn how to "double dutch" in jump rope. Something the other girls can do but Sophia hasn't mastered yet.
Oh.... the worries we go thru. I picked her up from school today and a little girl kept saying "bye Sophia" until Sophia acknowledged her. Makes my heart warm.
Thank you all for your higher thoughts, beautiful sharing and prayers.
All my love,
Lynn
Hi Lynn,
What a lovely outcome. Give her big hugs from all of us.
Love Bruv
I will Bruv. Thank you.
Oh this is such good news Lynn, you must be over the moon. Thanks for your email Lynn I will respond but my in-laws have just left after spending a few days with us.
With love Swan xx
Post a Comment